Lack of interest Style Properties: Enable Facebook? y/n

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Andy Huang

Interacting with some already registered users, it would appear that some ignorent people have profound hate for facebook.
As such, I'm thinking of making a separate style for them just so they don't see any references to facebook.
I use default style, and would like to keep edits minimal so I don't need to spend time each time there's an upgrade.
Can we please have a new style property called "Enable Facebook?" which defaults to yes?
Then, I can just make a child style called "Default (No FB)", which inherites form the default, and I can flip a switch to turn them all off?

It'd be kind of cool for twitter, too. We can call the one with both turned off "Friendly Style for the Socially Challenged" or something :p

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You could just blank out the relevant sharing templates - obviously since your removing everything, you don't need to care about changes to that template should there be any. :)

Are any of your users using "renren" perhaps?

Nope, I suspect I have some social network conceptually challenged people on hand :p (just kidding of course :D)

You could just blank out the relevant sharing templates - obviously since your removing everything, you don't need to care about changes to that template should there be any. :)
Well, for parts where it appears only in part of the template (member_list, share_page, etc.), it wouldn't be a wipe template clean, though.
The objective is to have a separate skin for these problem users can change a style and be completely oblivious to facebook features being enabled on the site, all together; while I can still use the default style with its facebook bells and whistles for guests.

Top Bottom