XF 2.1 Creating Custom Style Properties

I've been looking around for a few days now, and I must just be blind! But I can't seem to find a thread, resource or entry in the manual explaining how to setup custom style properties in Xenforo 2.1

A few of our art staff members who are less tech savvy don't want to touch templates, however some of our default changes to styles we have made over the years require some small template edits. Hence why I'd like to create style properties for them to change these specific entries from style to style.

Any tips on where to look on how to create custom style properties?

Thanks in advance 😅

Creating custom style properties is roughly considered to be at the same level as creating an add-on, so you need to have development mode enabled.

You should be doing this on a development install. You can then install the style/add-on on your production install when it's developed/tested.

Creating custom style properties is roughly considered to be at the same level as creating an add-on, so you need to have development mode enabled.

You should be doing this on a development install. You can then install the style/add-on on your production install when it's developed/tested.

Should I bye an additional XenForo forum licence for a development install? Or I can just instal another copy of forum in a "dev" folder?

Top Bottom