XF 1.3 Style Properties and EXTRA: logged out vs logged in

Neil E.

This one is a bit weird. When I look at my production forum (logged out), it looks correct. Template Modifications are OK, Style Properties are OK and the CSS in EXTRA is OK.

As soon as I log in, Template Modifications are still OK, but Style Properties are not processed and EXTRA is ignored. I have my custom style set as the only one available with no alternate style choice allowed. When I check customized components they all list correctly.

What can prevent the display of a style when logged in?

This one is a bit weird. When I look at my production forum (logged out), it looks correct. Template Modifications are OK, Style Properties are OK and the CSS in EXTRA is OK.

As soon as I log in, Template Modifications are still OK, but Style Properties are not processed and EXTRA is ignored. I have my custom style set as the only one available with no alternate style choice allowed. When I check customized components they all list correctly.

What can prevent the display of a style when logged in?

Admins can still choose any style whether it is selectable or not by regular users. Sounds like you are viewing the wrong style but I could be mistaken as the information you have stated is confusing.

Further info: I have a template modification that removes the style chooser in the footer. When I turn off that TM, it shows the default style as the current choice. The default style has no customizations, so what I am seeing is correct. When I select the custom style everything is fine. When not logged in, I was seeing the forum as a guest and viewing the custom style (users can only see the custom style).

Now I know how this occurred. I removed all the customizations from my production forum and upgraded it. I then imported all the new customizations from my test forum. So in fact there was no admin style choice made and I wound up with the default style.

I was a surprised to see the difference between logged out (custom) and logged in (default).

SteveF is correct.

You can still choose a style by going to your preferences. No need to hide the style chooser if you only have one style viewable, it does that by default except for admins.

Top Bottom