Style Developers - please include a seamless Wordpress Style/Theme

Digital Doctor

Alot of people want (or should want) to use Wordpress with xenForo.
A WP/XP Login Integration Bridge is already working [xfrocks WP bridge].
I think many Style Shoppers will want a XF Style that will work with their Wordpress section (Home Page). Time for xenForo style makers to show they know their community's needs.

I guess an obvious need would be for a Wordpress theme that matches identically with XenForo ... to make them appear as it they are one program ! Quite a design challenge !

I have learned that the current xenForo Home Tab isn't a Tab ... so making a Home Tab as a part of the style would be required.

How's this mockup ?
xenforo.WP.style.webp
As you can see I've made it look like xenForo, but I've eliminated all the things that would require Wordpress to query xenForo - as this idea is *JUST* visual integration.

Here are the removed items:

wordpress.style.xenforo.items.removed.webp

Tigratrus said: Will there be a good way to integrate WP and XF visually? Almost certainly. Since XF is so CSS based for layout, we plan on simply using a fully semantic and VERY simple WP theme like sandbox. Then just modify sandbox to use the same exact CSS classes etc as XF and tell WordPress to use the XF CSS stylesheet. POOF they will look and feel nearly identical, and when you change one you change the other. :)

Would this be possible ? Have Wordpress use a XF CSS stylesheet ?

WordPress skinning is a bit harder than styling on xf, to make a flawless word. Press skin to be able to function normally is tricky: (

WordPress skinning is a bit harder than styling on xf, to make a flawless word. Press skin to be able to function normally is tricky: (
If you've got solid html/css knowledge and a clean theme to start with it's really not that bad. It took me a few tries to get it right, but it's very doable :D

You will be able to download a XenForo/Wordpress visual integration (to install on wordpress) in a short time.

thumbs_up.jpg

Awesome !

I would guess that it would be easier to get yourself a nice Wordpress style and then port it over to XF.

It's really just as easy either way, wordpress themes are more like creating a traditional web page except it's split into seperate files based on the parts/types of the page. I'm working on a wordpress template today as well actually. Assuming it goes how I want it will even pull the colors from the XF ACP.

Tigratrus said:
Will there be a good way to integrate WP and XF visually? Almost certainly. Since XF is so CSS based for layout, we plan on simply using a fully semantic and VERY simple WP theme like sandbox. Then just modify sandbox to use the same exact CSS classes etc as XF and tell WordPress to use the XF CSS stylesheet. POOF they will look and feel nearly identical, and when you change one you change the other. :)
Now that sounds great. Does anyone know if this will work ?

Top Bottom