Style Developers - please include a seamless Wordpress Style/Theme

Digital Doctor

Alot of people want (or should want) to use Wordpress with xenForo.
A WP/XP Login Integration Bridge is already working [xfrocks WP bridge].
I think many Style Shoppers will want a XF Style that will work with their Wordpress section (Home Page). Time for xenForo style makers to show they know their community's needs.

I guess an obvious need would be for a Wordpress theme that matches identically with XenForo ... to make them appear as it they are one program ! Quite a design challenge !

I have learned that the current xenForo Home Tab isn't a Tab ... so making a Home Tab as a part of the style would be required.

How's this mockup ?
xenforo.WP.style.webp
As you can see I've made it look like xenForo, but I've eliminated all the things that would require Wordpress to query xenForo - as this idea is *JUST* visual integration.

Here are the removed items:

wordpress.style.xenforo.items.removed.webp

Tigratrus said: Will there be a good way to integrate WP and XF visually? Almost certainly. Since XF is so CSS based for layout, we plan on simply using a fully semantic and VERY simple WP theme like sandbox. Then just modify sandbox to use the same exact CSS classes etc as XF and tell WordPress to use the XF CSS stylesheet. POOF they will look and feel nearly identical, and when you change one you change the other. :)

Would this be possible ? Have Wordpress use a XF CSS stylesheet ?

Here's a site that has integrated a WordPress Blog effectively, except with vB4 in this case.
www.zonexbox.com

I honestly don't think that is any more effective than what we have seen with xF and WP and some of these sites already starting to pop up.

The example you gave has a few issues for me, that are all styling and could be fixed, but with these, in my opinion this site isn't better then what we currently have with xfrocks work.

The tabs aren't consistent when going from the vB site to the WP site. The vB log in area isn't displayed when viewing the WP part of the site. If you click the Home tab, the entire nav menu disappears, which is shown in both the forums and the blog. These are just a few off the top of my head..

I had my test xF site up and running with xfrocks mod and add on and it was seemless and looked in my opinion better than what you have linked to.

Given some time we will see some really amazing intergrated sites I am sure.

Jamie

uhm ok..

I disagree, but that's ok we all have our own opinions. I think it's done pretty good, but I don't think it's intergrated completely that way people would want their site.

Jamie

Yep, their blog is wordpress... and nicely integrated... couple things I would change like the tabs in the header, but not much....

I agree that the tabs need to be changed. If you are going to integrate it, then all tabs should be in the same place across the platform. Also, if you are going to have the log in area at the top of the forums, then it need to be similar on the blog. (I would add it somewhere else and keep the whole header clean)

The tabs don't line up from the Blog to the Forums.. Again I know it's all style issues, but if you're looking to intregrate two apps, then you should do it correctly.

The App and Mod that the member here named xfrocks did that and it looks and feels the same. Style the content to suit you needs and the WP integration is done.

Jamie

I made what I would call a seemless wordpress theme. Same width, positioning, header etc etc running with a fixed width custom xenforo theme I released here someplace. My site is not exactly user friendly content but hey we're talking cosmetics here.

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    137.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Capfure.webp
    Capfure.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 27
Would this be possible ? Have Wordpress use a XF CSS stylesheet ?

Looks like it is possible : (see below)
I'm about 90% done with my Wordpress/XF theme for my site. The beauty of it is once it's done it pulls all of the css and data from XF so really it should match about any theme with minimal work. I'm planning on releasing it once it's done.

Looking forward to it.

Update on Wordpress and Xenforo using the same CSS !

I'm not quite done with it, but it's close, but I've got a wordpress theme that pulls all the css from the xenforo installation. Hoping to be done with it soon but no set timeframe on it. http://www.criticalmassguild.com
That link goes to the wordpress home page, and it's running one of the flexile dark themes on the XF backend.​

bambua.wordpress.frontpage.using.xenforo.CSS.login.search.on.homepage.webp
Looks great already !
So on the Wordpress HomePage all the links for Login/Register are still Xenforo ?

bambua.wordpress.frontpage.using.xenforo.CSS.login.dashboard.webp
What is the plan for the dashboard ? People would REALLY like if Alerts could be pulled to the Wordpress Home Page.

Update on Wordpress and Xenforo using the same CSS !

View attachment 9962
Looks great already !
So on the Wordpress HomePage all the links for Login/Register are still Xenforo ?

View attachment 9964
What is the plan for the dashboard ? People would REALLY like if Alerts could be pulled to the Wordpress Home Page.
No specific plan for the dashboard yet actually, I may have it just revert to the header xenforo uses there for alerts etc. That's part of the piece I'm hung up on at the moment.

so here are my thoughts.

If the XF devs could create template hooks that could be used outside of the xf code, like in separate php pages.
Then with a bit of coding integration is very easy.

here's an example:

firstly the set up, I have xf installed in a subdir commnity, and wordpress installed in a subdir wp

header.php
Code:
<?php
$startTime = microtime(true);
$fileDir = dirname(__FILE__);
$fileDir = $fileDir . '/community';

require($fileDir . '/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php');
XenForo_Autoloader::getInstance()->setupAutoloader($fileDir . '/library');

XenForo_Application::initialize($fileDir . '/library', $fileDir);
XenForo_Application::set('page_start_time', $startTime);

XenForo_Session::startPublicSession();

$visitor = XenForo_Visitor::getInstance();

$user_id = $visitor->getUserId();
$username = $visitor->get('username');
$email = $visitor->get('email');
$is_admin = $visitor->get('is_admin');
$identities = $visitor->get('identities');
$identities = unserialize($identities);
?>
<html>
 <head>
 </head>
<body>
... other html (like some sweet way of a template hook into xenforo)

footer.php
Code:
... other html (like some sweet way of a template hook into xenforo)
</body>
</html>

wordpress-page.php
Code:
<?php include_once("header.php"); ?>
<?php

define('WP_USE_THEMES', false);
require_once('./wp/wp-blog-header.php');

// let's start by showing the "about" page

query_posts('post_type=page&page=27'); // number of posts?
while (have_posts()): the_post();
?>
<div class="sectionMain">
        <div class="titleBar">
                <h1><?php the_title(); ?></h1>
                <p id="pageDescription-<?php echo $post->ID; ?>"> &middot; What's all this FPS about then?</p>
        </div>
        <div class="pageNavLinkGroup"></div>
        <div class="blog-entry" id="blog-<?php echo $post->ID; ?>">
                <?php the_content(); ?>
        </div>
</div>
<?php
endwhile;
?>

<?php
// now let's display the blog entries
query_posts('posts_per_page=1'); // number of posts?
$forumurl = get_post_meta($post->ID, "forumurl", TRUE);
?>
<div class="titleBar">
        <h1><a href="<?php echo $forumurl; ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h1>
        <p id="pageDescription-<?php echo $post->ID; ?>">Posted on: <?php echo get_the_date(); ?></p>
</div>
<div class="pageNavLinkGroup"></div>
        <div class="blog-entry" id="blog-<?php echo $post->ID; ?>">
                <?php the_content(); ?>
        </div>
<?php
endwhile;
?>
<hr />

<?php
// what happened previously ?
query_posts('posts_per_page=10'); // number of posts?
$forumurl = get_post_meta($post->ID, "forumurl", TRUE);
?>
<div class="titleBar">
        <h1><a href="http://www.fps.net.nz/community/forums/competition/">Previous competitions</a></h1>
        <h2 style="font-size: 1.5em"> &middot; <a href="<?php echo $forumurl; ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h2>
        <p> &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Posted on: <?php echo get_the_date(); ?></p>
</div>
<?php
endwhile;
?>
<?php include_once("footer.php"); ?>

the final product:
The wordpress installation:
http://www.fps.net.nz/wp/
the result of integration:
http://www.fps.net.nz/

I will be using wordpress to enter all my competition details, and as a cms type thing for my front page.

I'm almost to a beta phase for XenDynamic 1.0 and I'm looking for some help.

I'm looking for a few people to do some testing for me before I release it in the resource manager. Through some client work for the past couple months I've been updating and improving this wordpress style.

Things included now:
caching of the templates (less server load)
template hooks (make all your changes in a child theme to make it a lot easier to upgrade)
complete support of nodes as tabs addon from Jake, including using the drop down menu as sub menu items for link forums
ability to use it with Xenporta
supporting either wordpress or xenforo being in the root
reduction of jQuery modifications to the page to move content around. This is possible because of the caching.
inclusion of xenforo widgets for use in wordpress (only the stock ones at the moment, still working on bringing over the widget framework ones)
If you are interested toss a post here and I'll send you a PM with some details. I'd like to get some testing done this weekend.
Thanks for the help, and if there are any other features you'd like to see please let me know!

Source - http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xendynamic-1-0-discussion.29230/

Other info:
OLD THREAD - http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xendynamic-wordpress-theme.19856/
DEMO: http://www.defiantminecraft.com

Further discussion will be here ...
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xendynamic-1-0-discussion.29230/

Top Bottom