1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Style Developers - please include a seamless Wordpress Style/Theme

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Digital Doctor, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Alot of people want (or should want) to use Wordpress with xenForo.
    A WP/XP Login Integration Bridge is already working [xfrocks WP bridge].
    I think many Style Shoppers will want a XF Style that will work with their Wordpress section (Home Page). Time for xenForo style makers to show they know their community's needs.

I guess an obvious need would be for a Wordpress theme that matches identically with XenForo ... to make them appear as it they are one program ! Quite a design challenge !

I have learned that the current xenForo Home Tab isn't a Tab ... so making a Home Tab as a part of the style would be required.

How's this mockup ?
    xenforo.WP.style.jpg
    As you can see I've made it look like xenForo, but I've eliminated all the things that would require Wordpress to query xenForo - as this idea is *JUST* visual integration.

Here are the removed items:

wordpress.style.xenforo.items.removed.jpg

Would this be possible ? Have Wordpress use a XF CSS stylesheet ?

DoctorWatsOn likes this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I have moved this from the Styles forum as it is not a resource.

3. sinclair

sinclair Member

These things are 100% possible. If no one steps up, we will commit to developing a WP theme identical to xF.

4. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

jörgk likes this.
  5. Digital Doctor

Cool.
    The type of people who want this are the type of people who pay for stuff too.
    :)

Unfortunately, this just gives me the feeling the site isn't well integrated. Your site is better than most though.

6. Digital Doctor

Now this would tell me you are serious about making Styles.
    :)
    But with the Home Page Tab highlighted ! :)

Attached Files:

7. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

I'm planning on doing this with my wordpress theme. I had done it previously with wordpress and vb 4. Shouldn't be too hard to do. I'll post it when I finish it.

gib likes this.
  8. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

WordPress skinning is a bit harder than styling on xf, to make a flawless word. Press skin to be able to function normally is tricky: (

9. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

If you've got solid html/css knowledge and a clean theme to start with it's really not that bad. It took me a few tries to get it right, but it's very doable :D

10. sinclair

sinclair Member

We'd like to let you know we've accepted your request.

You will be able to download a XenForo/Wordpress visual integration (to install on wordpress) in a short time.

Please note this will be integrate-able with the default XenForo theme only, but the edits to change to your new style will be easy for you.

Thank you,
    Xenfy Team

11. Digital Doctor

[​IMG]
    Awesome !

12. MordyT

MordyT Active Member

BTW, I support this 200%. I have paid for this in the past and will in the future...

13. Ruven

Ruven Well-Known Member

I would guess that it would be easier to get yourself a nice Wordpress style and then port it over to XF.

Jamieinnh likes this.
  14. bambua

bambua Well-Known Member

It's really just as easy either way, wordpress themes are more like creating a traditional web page except it's split into seperate files based on the parts/types of the page. I'm working on a wordpress template today as well actually. Assuming it goes how I want it will even pull the colors from the XF ACP.

15. sinclair

sinclair Member

This project has been completed, and will launch tonight (GMT-5) or early tomorrow.

16. sinclair

sinclair Member

17. jacko

jacko Active Member

it looks great
    but I noticed that Wordpress is much slower than Xenforo and I hope Xenforo will introduce fast CMS system under "Home" button soon! :)

Chimpie and sinclair like this.
  18. Digital Doctor

Tigratrus said:
    Will there be a good way to integrate WP and XF visually? Almost certainly. Since XF is so CSS based for layout, we plan on simply using a fully semantic and VERY simple WP theme like sandbox. Then just modify sandbox to use the same exact CSS classes etc as XF and tell WordPress to use the XF CSS stylesheet. POOF they will look and feel nearly identical, and when you change one you change the other. :)

Now that sounds great. Does anyone know if this will work ?

19. Digital Doctor

20. Digital Doctor

Here's a site that has integrated a WordPress Blog effectively, except with vB4 in this case.
    www.zonexbox.com

Attached Files: