XF 2.0 Struggling with embed media code.

There isn't a one size fits all approach.

In general you get the embed code from the site, then inspect it to see if it has an easily replaceable ID for the content.
Then you need to construct the data for the entry in the ACP.

In some cases it will require a PHP callback or add-on.

I presume uninstalling that has removed some of the default embed codes.
I chewed on that last night for a bit...

hope you're not dealing with many issues with featured...hitting that this afternoon. Hell, think we paid for it again and didn't need to.
You will need to recreate any missing ones.
You can set up an admin demo and copy them from there - https://xenforo.com/demo/
Ah! Good idea!!! Thanks!

Manually copying them shouldn't be necessary. You can "Rebuild master data" by going to install and it should re-add the missing ones (they're part of our add-on data output now, so no longer require manual work to restore them).

Manually copying them shouldn't be necessary. You can "Rebuild master data" by going to install and it should re-add the missing ones (they're part of our add-on data output now, so no longer require manual work to restore them).
Does that normally incur a downtime?
You can set up an admin demo and copy them from there
I followed his advice to add some of what I considered to be essential (IE: Twitter, et. al.) Do I need to delete those before rebuilding?

There is a change in XF2 with regards to media sites - rebuilding the master data will add the default ones back in if they are missing - that didn't happen in XF1.

You can run the rebuild and any still missing will be created.
There won't be any downtime - it should take a minute or so.

Top Bottom