Struggling to import vB 4

Based on that, you're correct there's no prefix, though please go to the end of the list any ensure you have all tables -- we check for the <prefix>user table.

Was the issue upload failed some how, used a big dump script instead :)

Any other things I should look out for when converting million posts?

Cheers

I hope its appropriate to ask here . I am attempting to import from vBulletin 4.2.5. that has blogs, (Threads 55,410 Posts 195,747 Members 826 ) everything seems to be going fine till i get to step 16 were i seem to hang. I have increased the memory and time out for php in the whm and ini. After first trying to use the cli and hanging at the same place, I used the cpanel terminal were it stalls at the same place step 16, 2801 post.
after waiting a while I deleted the files and db and have made 4 or 5 tries. on the last attempt i browsed the xen site and it appears that everything that did import is in order. I assume that the number of post is the issue but it seems odd that it stalls at 2801 every time. I succeeded at doing an import to the older version of xen last summer and the number of post were in the same realm. Upon looking at the phpadm it seems that it has imported about 2800 of over 7000 post in thread #2 were we have been merging a rss feed over the years.
What can I do, Id hate to remove the entire thread only to find its not the issue. is there a limit on post in a single thread? we have other very long conversations too were we merged ongoing topics.

OK update removed the one large thread and turned off rss feeds and import went quick. I should, till be ok from here until i find an unfamiliar button. lets see what add ons Ill need now.

Top Bottom