Implemented Striketrough ([s]) as default at this forum software :)

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Another piece of BB code that's always useful to have around is
EDIT: And in page anchor tags.

Oh, yes, I'd definitely want this as default. :) Sub/sup would be nice to have default too.
Subscript and superscript can be added to the TinyMCE toolbar very very easily! I also believe TinyMCE supports the strikethrough BBCode (this doesn't make it available globally though, only in the editor).

*works his magic*

By the way, I am going with [s], not [strike], as my Personal preference. Also, it seems that on discussions like these on other boards where they miss the strikethrough bbcode, they ask for [s] and get [strike], I don't know why they go with [strike] in the end, it's not [bold] either. But people want [s] from the google results and remembering the conversations.

*works his magic*

By the way, I am going with [s], not [strike], as my Personal preference. Also, it seems that on discussions like these on other boards where they miss the strikethrough bbcode, they ask for [s] and get [strike], I don't know why they go with [strike] in the end, it's not [bold] either. But people want [s] from the google results and remembering the conversations.
Going from old HTML, <b> <i> <u> <s>, it makes logical sense for it to be and not [strike]. If that's the case, we need [strong] [em] [underline] :cool:
Minimal letters = win.

Going from old HTML, <b> <i> <u> <s>, it makes logical sense for it to be and not [strike]. If that's the case, we need [strong] [em] [underline] :cool:
Minimal letters = win.

Lol, I have seen many sites also use [del] instead of as <del> is a valid HTML element, so is <ins> :P

so the new list would be

[strong][em][underline][del]

Isn't it easy to add BBCode to the TinyMCE editor?

I certainly hope so as we use some very odd BBCode on my forum...

"Remember you will need to remove lots of TinyMCEs functionality in order to use this plugin successfully"

Not sure I like the sound of that.

Edit: Just noticed another bug when quoting URLs :D

Yeah we need to automatically disable smilies in links. 8-)

I've seen it has been implented.

Way to go guys!

Amazing. Don't you just love it?! I mean, we have been requesting this for so many years (and see this thread were a certain person named 'Mike' tried to be funny :p) to become stock in vBulletin. It's nothing really essential, but the cons of having to depend on custom bbcodes for this, means that it will not work or work differently on every install of xenForo. With a stock bbcode, 'strike' will work the same on every xenForo powered webplatform. Yeah:)!

Top Bottom