1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Strange email notification

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Mr Lucky, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

A member has reported that a couple of days ago they got a very odd notification:

P1010709.JPG

Can anyone help explain this please?

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The image isn't visible here. I assume it's a non-public attachment.

3. Mr Lucky

Probably, I've attached it now in the OP. hard to see exactly, I've asked the recipient to furnish the raw source code.

4. Mike

The raw source (as in the message headers and all) would be most useful. That almost looks corrupt or perhaps an add-on gone wrong (do you have any that manipulate emails?).

5. Mr Lucky

The recipient writes:

"If you mean right click properties the 'details' and 'message source' are empty."

No, nothing like that. We haven't had any other complaints and this user says his are usually OK>

6. Mike

I'm not familiar with the application he's using (not sure if that's Outlook these days, haven't used it in a number of years), but I'd guess so. If it's empty, it might just indicate some corrupted mail delivery. I don't think XF could generate that, so probably just keep an eye out for it again.

7. Mr Lucky

Thanks, ye I agree that as there have been no other complaints it must be a one-off corrupt email deleivery