Sticky Any Post

Sticky Any Post [Paid] 2.4.1

No permission to buy ($25.00)
I may be getting this addon soon. I have a case where we have a few dozen sets of three threads with nearly identical content, but years apart. We want to preserve all replies, and I want to keep the starting post of the latest thread as sticky, so the addon will work for us in keeping the important information on top.

First question--does the thread start date change, or will it remain as original?

Second question--I don't need the sticky post to have a different style. Is it possible to clear out the contents of these two style properties so the appearance is not altered?

1644700711876.webp

First question--does the thread start date change, or will it remain as original?
It remains the same, it just grabs the stickied post and puts it up the top of the page.

Second question--I don't need the sticky post to have a different style. Is it possible to clear out the contents of these two style properties so the appearance is not altered?
The defaults don't do much from memory, but you can absolutely remove all the style property bits

Does this works with article forums too?

We have a forum node with only articles, some of them would fit in with a different forum node, which is a normal node, can they be shown there somehow?

Hello @Xon ,

I updated three of your addons today, ElasticSearch Essentials, Conversation Essentials and this one.

I've been receiving these errors since then.

• ErrorException: Template error: [E_USER_WARNING] Method getIsSticky is not callable on the given object (SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Entity\Post)
  • src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1186
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Mar 10, 2023 at 9:20 PM

Stack trace​

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, '[E_USER_WARNING...', '/mnt/volume_nyc...', 1186)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1186): trigger_error('Method getIsSti...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l5/s52/public/thread_view.php(690): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Entity\Post), 'getIsSticky', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1651): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(xenMade\LAU\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#4 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(ThemeHouse\StyleSwitch\XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(ThemeHouse\StyleSwitch\XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#10 src/XF/App.php(2351): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(517): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}

Any ideas what could it be?

I updated three of your addons today, ElasticSearch Essentials, Conversation Essentials and this one.

I've been receiving these errors since then.
The Sticky Any Post add-on appears to be in a zombie state where the template modifications are there but the code isn't running.

Can you check the add-on list and see if there is anything pending or if Sticky Any Post has any red-text next to it? If so, try doing a rebuild of Sticky Any Post.

Either that or another add-on is badly interacting with extending posts. If that is the case you'll need to disable add-ons which aren't mine of XF until the problem goes away.

in order to improve the user experience, is it possible to make long pinned posts can be made to collapsed by default and expand at the click of a button (as is done with long quotes)

and suggestion - is it possible to pin few posts and set order for them

Last edited:
got some issues either

Only sticky post to first page option

Removes sticked post from ALL pages (first page included).

... Except first post on the first page option

i really dont understand usage of this option
right now it does not affect on position of sticky first post vs stick any post - in both cases stick any post would be first.

Last edited:
some more suggestions which noone asked

1 it would be good to add an option to "Except first post on the first page" for stick any post so the first post would stay first and stick any post would be - before, after it or not showing at all

2 add some indication to sticky post (pin emoji or sticky post indicator in the post header, how it made for new posts)

Last edited:
  • ErrorException: [E_WARNING] Attempt to assign property 'canSticky' of non-object
  • src/addons/SV/StickyAnyPost/XF/Finder/Post.php:125
  • Сгенерирована пользователем: ФинДозор
  • 7 Июл 2023 в 15:24

Трассировка стека​

Code:
#0 src/addons/SV/StickyAnyPost/XF/Finder/Post.php(125): XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Att...', '/var/www/admin/...', 125, Array)
#1 src/addons/AddonsLab/ContentHandler/Traits/PostTrait.php(160): SV\StickyAnyPost\XF\Finder\Post->fetch('100')
#2 src/addons/AddonsLab/LinkChecker/Library/Service/JobRunner.php(0): AddonsLab\LinkChecker\ContentHandler\PostHandler->getContentIdsInRange(0, '100')
#3 src/addons/AddonsLab/LinkChecker/Job/Indexation.php(0): AddonsLab\LinkChecker\Library\Service\JobRunner->runIndexationJob(Array)
#4 src/addons/AddonsLab/LinkChecker/Job/AbstractDelayableJob.php(0): AddonsLab\LinkChecker\Job\Indexation->_execute(7.99575)
#5 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): AddonsLab\LinkChecker\Job\AbstractDelayableJob->run(7.99575)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.99575)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(86): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.99575)
#8 src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php(141): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(true, 8)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Tools', 'RunJob', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Truonglv\ImageOptimizer\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Truonglv\ImageOptimizer\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#13 src/XF/App.php(2487): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#15 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#16 {main}

Содержимое запроса​

Code:
array(4) {
["url"] => string(30) "/forum/admin.php?tools/run-job"
["referrer"] => string(50) "https://findozor.net/forum/admin.php?tools/run-job"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["tools/run-job"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["_xfRedirect"] => string(16) "/forum/admin.php"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"