Resource icon

Steam Authentication & Integration 1.0.7

No permission to download
Comment is adding //

ok it installed but when i goto steam intergration on the site to set it up, i get a fatal error

Fatal error: Access level to Steam_ControllerPublic_Register::_genUrl() must be protected (as in class Dark_SteamLogin_ControllerPublic_Kyouko) or weaker in/hermes/waloraweb039/b1725/moo.wowgamingorg/gapocx/library/Steam/ControllerPublic/Register.php on line 344
know anything about this one?

EDIT:

Line 344 is just "}" and nothign else. i dont understand what it means protected...

ok it installed but when i goto steam intergration on the site to set it up, i get a fatal error

know anything about this one?

EDIT:

Line 344 is just "}" and nothign else. i dont understand what it means protected...
Try changing line 258 in Register.php from "private" to "protected".

EDIT: I see that you are using DarkImmortal Steam Login too... You should not use both these addons at the same time.

Try changing line 258 in Register.php from "private" to "protected".

EDIT: I see that you are using DarkImmortal Steam Login too... You should not use both these addons at the same time.

is that the problem? how do i remove the stea login one?

and renaming line 258 caused an unexspected error it says.

i did it like this, below. is that right?

private function _genUrl() {
to
protected function _genUrl() {

is that the problem? how do i remove the stea login one?

and renaming line 258 caused an unexspected error it says.

i did it like this, below. is that right?

to
Just remove Dark Immortal Steam Identity Service and Custom Profile Field addon. If you are now enabling the Dark Immortal one, try disabling it to check if the register link work. And revert "protected" to "private".

Just remove Dark Immortal Steam Identity Service and Custom Profile Field addon. If you are now enabling the Dark Immortal one, try disabling it to check if the register link work. And revert "protected" to "private".

currently uninstalling the steamlogin addon, its taking ages hah. ill ket you know if it works

WORKS! awsome thankyou so much you have been a HUGE HELP.

you rock.

EDIT: although now i notice the little down arrows that usually are next to your name and alerts at th top right are now missing... hmmmmm

What's the purpose or use of the Steam stats in the ACP? Can that info be presented on a XenForo page for the users to see? That would be pretty cool.

I'm not sure what use it is just for the admins to be able to see it.

Apart from that, amazing add on! Works brilliantly :)

There are a few things you can use the Steam data for, notices, notifications, promotions...Under User Criteria there is a whole section for the Steam Auth. You can display a notice to anyone ( that has their account associated) that owns or doesn't own a particular game for example.

Its on my list of things to do for my own site, but I'm going to see if there is anything that would be useful on the front-end.

Yeah, notices are cool, and the targeting criteria is a possible advertising goldmine for a large forum I imagine, but for a small clan I don't really want to slam them with random notices.

It would be cool to create a page with the stats of all the members activity though, similar to this, but it would be just for members on the site as opposed to members on the steam group.

Or even, effectively whats in the ACP, but publically viewable.

That above add on stopped working for me a while back :(

Hmm...seems the author is running a vb forum now

I get the following on my forum when trying to install:
Server Error

simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197960397747/games/?xml=1:1: parser error : Document is empty
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. simplexml_load_file() in Steam/Helper/Steam.php at line 83
  3. Steam_Helper_Steam->getUserGames() in Steam/Cron.php at line 29
  4. Steam_Cron::update() in Steam/Manufacture.php at line 104
  5. Steam_Manufacture->_installVersion8() in Steam/Manufacture.php at line 59
  6. Steam_Manufacture::build()
  7. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  9. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 178
  10. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/gamerzcr/public_html/admin.php at line 13

I'm dying for some help with this. It seems Steam users with Custom Profile URL's are screwed and will get a 302 error. I've seen others post the same issue.
Is there a for sure fix for this? I've tried the unofficial version as well as the doing the necessary tweaks to folders as pointed out in this thread.
Thanks again
Parnell

I'm dying for some help with this. It seems Steam users with Custom Profile URL's are screwed and will get a 302 error. I've seen others post the same issue.
Is there a for sure fix for this? I've tried the unofficial version as well as the doing the necessary tweaks to folders as pointed out in this thread.
Thanks again
Parnell
302 error seems you have with the official version. Have you tried unofficial one on page 10? I don't think that you should have 302 with unofficial one.

Hi duydangle,
Yes, I have tried the unofficial update and it didn't work. I still received the 302 error for any user using a custom user URL. I would really like some help with this.
Thanks!
-Parnell

Everything seems to work fine, but after it asks for my forum password I get the following error...

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Data truncated for column 'game_hours' at row 1
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in Steam/ControllerPublic/Register.php at line 337
  5. Steam_ControllerPublic_Register->updateUserStats() in Steam/ControllerPublic/Register.php at line 150
  6. Steam_ControllerPublic_Register->actionSteamRegister() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/simraceus/data/www/simrace.us/forums/index.php at line 13
It still links the steam and forum accounts and I can login to the forum using steam. It does however throw errors from time to time when going through the steam stats in the admin section.

I have a fresh install of Xenforo 1.1.3 with steam addon 1.0.7 on IIS 7

Whenever I try to login with a steam ID OR intergrate with existing i get "Error during authentication. Please try again." I can find a log anywhere stating what is the problem.

Any ideas?

Top Bottom