XF 2.2 Stars rating on the google snippet

Probably because forum software generally doesn't get enough Google Reviews to display. It's not like retail or plumbers or productivity software.

Because the resource page template does not include Rating Schema.

Something as simple as integrating microdata like this would do it:

HTML:
 <div itemprop="aggregateRating" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/AggregateRating">
<span itemprop="ratingValue"><?= $averagerating ?></span>
<span itemprop="ratingCount"><?= $ratingcount ?></span>
<span itemprop="reviewCount"><?= $reviewcount ?></span></div>

@bzcomputers that assumes that Google search results would pull ratings from individual web sites which is not usually the case. Google uses Google Reviews ratings and ratings from certain large rating sites like Yelp but you're not likely going to see much benefit from your individual forum ratings, other than for your members.

@bzcomputers that assumes that Google search results would pull ratings from individual web sites which is not usually the case. Google uses Google Reviews ratings and ratings from certain large rating sites like Yelp but you're not likely going to see much benefit from your individual forum ratings, other than for your members.

Not true at all. Google will pull ratings from individual sites as long as the schema exists. I have numerous sites that do this including a XF one using the exact schema posted above.

There are great benefits to having enhanced search results showing your ratings on Google.

Because the resource page template does not include Rating Schema.

Something as simple as integrating microdata like this would do it:

HTML:
 <div itemprop="aggregateRating" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/AggregateRating">
<span itemprop="ratingValue"><?= $averagerating ?></span>
<span itemprop="ratingCount"><?= $ratingcount ?></span>
<span itemprop="reviewCount"><?= $reviewcount ?></span></div>
Template xfrm_resource_view have code for microdata application/ld+json, but google not show stars in the SERPs

<script type="application/ld+json">
{
"@type": "CreativeWork",

"@id": "{{ link('canonical:resources', $resource)|escape('json') }}",
"name": "{$resource.title|escape('json')}",
"headline": "{$resource.title|escape('json')}",
"alternativeHeadline": "{$resource.tag_line|escape('json')}",
"description": "{$descSnippet|escape('json')}",
<xf:if is="$resource.isVersioned()">
"version": "{$resource.CurrentVersion.version_string|escape('json')}",
</xf:if>
<xf:if is="$xf.options.xfrmAllowIcons AND $resource.icon_date">
"thumbnailUrl": "{{ $resource.getIconUrl('s', true)|escape('json') }}",
"dateCreated": "{{ date($resource.resource_date, 'c')|escape('json') }}",
"dateModified": "{{ date($resource.last_update, 'c')|escape('json') }}",
<xf:if is="$resource.rating_count">"aggregateRating": {
"@type": "AggregateRating",
"ratingCount": "{$resource.rating_count|escape('json')}",
"ratingValue": "{$resource.rating_avg|escape('json')}"
},</xf:if>
<xf:if is="$resource.hasViewableDiscussion()">
"discussionUrl": "{{ link('canonical:threads', $resource.Discussion)|escape('json') }}",
"author": {
"@type": "Person",
"name": "{{ ($resource.User ? $resource.User.username : $resource.username)|escape('json') }}"
}
}
</script>
sorry for my bad English

Template xfrm_resource_view have code for microdata application/ld+json, but google not show stars in the SERPs

sorry for my bad English
Yeah, I didn't see the ld+json code before. It looks fine so it should be able to produce enhanced search results. Of course Google will always have the last say, but as for schema integration it appears correct.

This sounds like an issue i posted about recently

The issue is the generic schema type "CreativeWork" which was used by all Resource Manager resources used to give enhanced search results with review/rating information on Google, this is no longer the case. The "CreativeWork" type was removed from the Google approved schema list supporting enhanced reviews/ratings search results earlier this year.

This is the list of Google approved schema types that will show enhanced search results for reviews/ratings:
Google also supports reviews for the following schema.org types (and their subtypes):

Thankfully XF has chosen to leave the schema in Resource Manager because it can still produce rich search engine results with search engines other than Google, for example Bing.

You can also personally edit the schema type from within the "xfrm_resource_view" (Line 15). If your specific site has resources that fall under just one specific resource type listed above you can edit the XF template and gain enhanced search results back on Google for your resources.

Media Gallery uses the "MediaObject" type so it does not have any schema issues at this time and will produce enhanced search results within Google search.

@bzcomputers
So in line 15, just change it to "@type": "Course", if my resources are online courses?
Is that the only thing done to get it to work on google?
I tried the rich result test but it ALWAYS timed out. Not sure if the source code is buggy
I've had trouble with the Rich Test Results also at times. It appears you need to be logged in to Google and the site domain needs to be a property in your Google Search Console, then the results typically come through. It may be set this may so that only the site owner can test results on their domain.

Another option is to copy and paste the actual script code, this seems to be less buggy.

As for your url, I used the second method and copied your schema script to test it. It comes back now as eligible for rich results, so it is fixed. It has one recommendation to add the "provider" field, which is says is optional.

Here is Google's example of a Course schema (this does not contain review/ratings details):
JavaScript:
 <script type="application/ld+json">
    {
      "@context": "https://schema.org",
      "@type": "Course",
      "name": "Introduction to Computer Science and Programming",
      "description": "Introductory CS course laying out the basics.",
      "provider": {
        "@type": "Organization",
        "name": "University of Technology - Eureka",
        "sameAs": "http://www.ut-eureka.edu"
      }
    }
    </script>

You can follow the Google example to add "provider" details if you decide to.

Top Bottom