1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starbound Fan Forums

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by intradox, Feb 23, 2012.

1. intradox

intradox Well-Known Member

Title: Starbound Forums
    URL: http://starboundforums.com
    Desc.: Fan forums for a new indie game called Starbound.

Launched: feb 18th
    Members: 280+

xenporta, Avatar gallery, Mass alert, Sitemaps, Spoiler, Steam auth, Xfr user albums, Digital point spy, Rotating ads, xenmedio

Social Groups for clans

Theme could probably use some ux improvements as some text is a little hard to read but overall happy with board reception.

Looking for feedback on what "outsiders" perceive the board as. All constructive feedback is appreciated!

Also, currently I use sendgrid for emails as google was flagging all forum mail as spam and I'm probably now exceeding their 500/day allotment. Any tips for emails? Board is using around 1000-1500/day but I see that increasing soon to ~2000-2500/day
  2. TheRevTastic

TheRevTastic Well-Known Member

I see it as a good looking forum for a indie game in development (mainly because I've known about it due to being a Terraria player :p).

I really like the background image you decided to go with, looks nice.

The only bad thing I can point out is if you scroll all the way down you will see that the text from the style itself blends into the background image.
    intradox likes this.
  3. Precision

Precision Member

Pretty cool website, I really like the transparency and background image. Also like the seperation between forum categories. The only littlest flaw I can point out is in the Notice System, your tabs are ineligible :p. But it's just something stupid, and small.
    intradox likes this.
  4. gregory1989

gregory1989 Member

How did you get that many members and posts since the 18th of feb ha?!
  5. intradox

intradox Well-Known Member

Depends what niche you go into. I work on forums for just announced indie games which allows me to grow really fast as the fans of the new game look for a forum.
  6. TheRevTastic

TheRevTastic Well-Known Member

I might start doing that :p, but I plan on making an small indie game in the near future.