Standard Description Field as Rich-Text output

Nicky

@Chris,

i would like to show the entered "Standard Media Description" field later as "Rich-Text".
is this anyhow possible?
i know that i can add additional fields.. but would like to know if this is possible with the "standard" one even if it should be hardcoded.

Thank you in advance!

No. Page descriptions are the standard XF functionality and they are added to the page using the default <xen:description> tag.

This is what the caption field was designed for which is included on install. Or indeed any other custom field you may add with rich text formatting.

The issue with the caption field and other custom fields is that these can't be completed when media is uploaded, you have to go back to media afterwards to add these in. It's the same with tags. Members simply don't bother to do this as it's too much effort.

I see that others are recognising the need for these to go on the Add Media page, my suggestion has risen to the 4th most liked for XFMG. :)

thank you @Martok, just wanted to add that.. users are sometimes or very often lazy.. when they upload 1-2-3 pics, they maybe go back to each media and fill another fields.. but when there are more pics uploaded... to be honest i would be lazy too :)
just a suggestion.
we know it does not have nothnig with my question..

Top Bottom