Staff: Is it XenForo or xenForo?

Ryan

The logo is xenForo. The favicon is xF.

Everything else, as far as I can tell is XenForo (staff titles, footer trademark, splash page, forum titles, etc.)...Which one is it going to be?

Ultimately we'll need to come down to one official way to capitalize the name, of course...right now I don't think we have it. I threw a poll in here just for fun. Maybe the XF guys haven't decided themselves and a little feedback from the community would help.

I personally prefer xenForo. Looks a little more modern/playful.

People still refer to vBulletin as 'VB' or 'vb' and these are common abbreviations for visual basic.
I don't mind which... I just love Xen as a prefix.
XenForo
XenMod
XenInsertAddonNameHere

If the logo was "xenforo", then you could apply the logic that "everyone is doing it". Except, "xenForo" doesn't look like any of the provided examples. I don't see a mid word uppercase letter in any of the provided company names.

Logo: xenforo, Company Name: XenForo, Ok
Logo xenForo, Company Name; XenForo, Not Ok

Having the favicon be xF but the abbreviation be XF is just down right confusing and will always be so.

I suppose you could always fall back to eBay as the basis that someone else is doing it. That has always been a WTH? to me as well. At least, eBay doesn't have the abbreviation issue, since it is too short to be abbreviated.

There's no universal law stating that a favicon needs to represent an abbreviation. Most of the time they are logos or small versions of logos.

I agree about the logo vs text though, already have stated that, but it's not a big issue to me.

Yes, I'm well aware why it was done...it's been said many times.

Can anybody name any reputable company anywhere that has done this (capitalize their company name differently in their logo than the way their name is represented in text)?
consistency is key ;)
to those posting screenshots.. I've not seen a single logo that isn't consistant..

facebook, all lowercare
same with twitter
bing
xerox
etc... should we go on??

consistency is key ;)
to those posting screenshots.. I've not seen a single logo that isn't consistant..

facebook, all lowercare
same with twitter
bing
xerox
etc... should we go on??
I think that xenForo is in a unique position among all those examples as I've described in my previous post.
Besides, consistently using "xenForo" in logos is consistent too.

What's the problem? Nobody is going to hold you accountable if you erroneously type "xF" instead of "XF" or whatever.
I type "xF", not "XF" because I think it looks better. I just prefer it. But Kier did clearify things - so if I were to ever make a forum skin or mod or whatever for xF, I'll make sure to use the proper case.

And apart from that, I don't see any point in dragging this on and on and on. We've got our answers. :)

What's the problem? Nobody is going to hold you accountable if you erroneously type "xF" instead of "XF" or whatever.
I type "xF", not "XF" because I think it looks better. I just prefer it. But Kier did clearify things - so if I were to ever make a forum skin or mod or whatever for xF, I'll make sure to use the proper case.

And apart from that, I don't see any point in dragging this on and on and on. We've got our answers. :)
.. and I still might use "xF" for a particular project I'm thinking of, at least in its abbreviation.

We really don't mind all that much. So long as you don't call it xenBulletin or IP.Foro or xenBB or the truly evil xenForum (ugh), the capitalization of the letters is largely unimportant. XenForo as a word is recognisable enough in its own right without stipulation of formatting rules.

However, in official documentation, you will always see it referred to as XenForo.

We really don't mind all that much. So long as you don't call it xenBulletin or IP.Foro or xenBB or the truly evil xenForum (ugh), the capitalization of the letters is largely unimportant. XenForo as a word is recognisable enough in its own right without stipulation of formatting rules.

However, in official documentation, you will always see it referred to as XenForo.
... and with that I bet we'll be seeing some URLs registered very shortly.

Top Bottom