Staff: Is it XenForo or xenForo?

Ryan

The logo is xenForo. The favicon is xF.

Everything else, as far as I can tell is XenForo (staff titles, footer trademark, splash page, forum titles, etc.)...Which one is it going to be?

Ultimately we'll need to come down to one official way to capitalize the name, of course...right now I don't think we have it. I threw a poll in here just for fun. Maybe the XF guys haven't decided themselves and a little feedback from the community would help.

I personally prefer xenForo. Looks a little more modern/playful.

SNAP.

Screen%20shot%202010-08-31%20at%2011.47.05%20PM.png

hahaha, yeah, I got the point on lowercase logo's :eek:

People don't go around saying HOME DEPOT or YAHOO for the same reason that they don't say facebook, twitter, or intel (although "intel" is debatable...because for whatever reason, that actually looks correct in text)

xenForo looks so intentional compared to facebook or HOME DEPOT. When you capitalize a word like xenForo, you're making a point that the F should be capitalized and nothing else should. The fact that other major players in this industry (vBulletin and phpBB) do this only further drives home that point. I could just be crazy, but I don't think I am in this case.

Anywho, leave it like it is if you so please...but 5 years from now, if people are still calling you xenForo and xF in text, I'll be around to say I told you so ;)

hahaha, yeah, I got the point on lowercase logo's :eek:

People don't go around saying HOME DEPOT or YAHOO for the same reason that they don't say facebook, twitter, or intel (although "intel" is debatable...because for whatever reason, that actually looks correct in text)

xenForo looks so intentional compared to facebook or HOME DEPOT. When you capitalize a word like xenForo, you're making a point that the F should be capitalized and nothing else should. The fact that other major players in this industry (vBulletin and phpBB) do this only further drives home that point. I could just be crazy, but I don't think I am in this case.

Anywho, leave it like it is if you so please...but 5 years from now, if people are still calling you xenForo and xF in text, I'll be around to say I told you so ;)
I don't think it matters how other people type it as long as all the right letters are used and are in the right order but I do get your point.

xF is correct, thats what it says in the favicon.

Top Bottom