XF 1.4 Spoilers, open and closed.

NavyCuda

Just purchased xf 1.4.3. Running a completely unmodified forum on a test server on my internal network until I get it ready to go live.

I would like to modify the spoilers so that the text changes if they're open or closed. I have seen a number of posts here and on different xf forums that use:

Code:
[spoiler=open , close]spoiler content[/spoiler]

However this is what I get:

test

The forums that have this function seem using an add-on. Is it possible to implement this without using an add-on?

Thank you,

Just purchased xf 1.4.3. Running a completely unmodified forum on a test server on my internal network until I get it ready to go live.

I would like to modify the spoilers so that the text changes if they're open or closed. I have seen a number of posts here and on different xf forums that use:

Code:
[spoiler=open , close]spoiler content[/spoiler]

However this is what I get:

test

The forums that have this function seem using an add-on. Is it possible to implement this without using an add-on?

Thank you,
I don't think it is possible with the default spoiler bbcode (unless you modify or extend core files which I don't think it is worth doing for a single bbocde) , this could however be done as a custom bbcode with no problem.

I don't think it is possible with the default spoiler bbcode (unless you modify or extend core files which I don't think it is worth doing for a single bbocde) , this could however be done as a custom bbcode with no problem.

Would you have a suggestion of a good tutorial to use for creating custom spoiler bbcodes?

I'm so out of date when it comes to coding I need my hand held, but my nature to understand what has been done prevents me from just using an add-ons.

edited to add:

Broke down and installed an add-on. Does't have the exact function I want but close enough that I'll move onto something else.

Last edited:
Top Bottom