1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Spoilers, open and closed.

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by NavyCuda, Dec 19, 2014.

1. NavyCuda

NavyCuda New Member

Just purchased xf 1.4.3. Running a completely unmodified forum on a test server on my internal network until I get it ready to go live.

I would like to modify the spoilers so that the text changes if they're open or closed. I have seen a number of posts here and on different xf forums that use:

[spoiler=open , close]spoiler content[/spoiler]
    However this is what I get:

The forums that have this function seem using an add-on. Is it possible to implement this without using an add-on?

Thank you,
  2. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

I don't think it is possible with the default spoiler bbcode (unless you modify or extend core files which I don't think it is worth doing for a single bbocde) , this could however be done as a custom bbcode with no problem.
  3. NavyCuda

NavyCuda New Member

Would you have a suggestion of a good tutorial to use for creating custom spoiler bbcodes?

I'm so out of date when it comes to coding I need my hand held, but my nature to understand what has been done prevents me from just using an add-ons.

edited to add:

Broke down and installed an add-on. Does't have the exact function I want but close enough that I'll move onto something else.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2014