• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Spoiler Issue

silence

So I'm not getting this issue on XF on this board, but on my board it's rampant.
I disabled all listeners and still am getting the issue.

So here's what I do:

d5f4c84b3b4a55ed487a9cef9b81ee32.png

Then I click submit on the edit and this is what the post looks like:
557a938d9bee32ea9e117239379a3280.png

What happened?!??!?!?!

Editing the post again shows this:
1986746ee1e2732e36079c24c015b7ea.png

What is the issue here since I'm getting horribly frustrated with XF.

Thanks!

silence

Creating a new thread and doing the same thing does not have this issue so is there some type of backwards compatibility issue?

Amaury

I don't know the answer to your question, but if it's not happening on here, then it's likely not a bug with the XenForo software.

Tracy Perry

When you say an "old" thread, was this before spoilers were built into XenForo? If so, were you using a special BBcode to create the spoilers or an add-on. If a custom BBcode, have you removed that BBcode from XenForo?

silence

When you say an "old" thread, was this before spoilers were built into XenForo? If so, were you using a special BBcode to create the spoilers or an add-on. If a custom BBcode, have you removed that BBcode from XenForo?
Yes that's what I mean.
No I was not, so that's why I'm extremely confused D:

Tracy Perry

OK... so what you are doing is editing an OLD thread and adding a spoiler to it. Not modifying an existing spoiler that was already there?

If so, it's working on one of my forums. I just went in and edited a post from 10/2012 and added a spoiler and got the expected results.
Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 3.02.07 PM.png

silence

OK... so what you are doing is editing an OLD thread and adding a spoiler to it. Not modifying an existing spoiler that was already there?

If so, it's working on one of my forums. I just went in and edited a post from 10/2012 and added a spoiler and got the expected results.
View attachment 87038
Hmmm maybe it's like a caching issue, where the pre-edited post is populating the post-edited post?