1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spinboxes and Dropdowns in Style Properties?

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Jaxel, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

Is there a way to use spinboxes and dropdown menus in style properties?

2. Jake B.

Jake B. Well-Known Member

Yep, you just need to use 'named template', and put the template name in the parameters box.

Jake

Dadparvar likes this.
  3. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

How do I use that? When I put the template in, its missing a lot of stuff... like the title, the hint, and even the edit link.

4. Jake B.

You'll need to use something like this in the template:

Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="checkboxes[]" value="{$property.property_definition_id}" />
    <xen:selectunit name="properties[{$property.property_definition_id}]" value="{$property.propertyValueScalar}" label="{$property.title}">   
        <xen:option value="1" label="{xen:phrase option_one}" />
        <xen:option value="2" label="{xen:phrase option_two}" />
        <xen:option value="3" label="{xen:phrase option_three}" />
        <xen:explain>{$property.description}</xen:explain>
        <xen:html><xen:include template="style_property_unit_extra"><xen:set var="$reset">{xen:phrase reset}</xen:set></xen:include></xen:html>
    </xen:selectunit>

5. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

Thanks mate...

6. Jake B.

No worries

7. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

Okay, that works for dropdown menus... but for spinboxes, how would I set and get min/max/step?

8. Jake B.

<input type="hidden" name="checkboxes[]" value="{$property.property_definition_id}" />
    <xen:spinboxunit name="properties[{$property.property_definition_id}]" value="{$property.propertyValueScalar}" label="{$property.title}" min="0" max="100" step="4" />

Dadparvar likes this.
  9. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

Yeah, I realise thats how you do it in templates... I was hoping to be able to do it in the style variables instead though, so I only have to make 1 template for my spinboxes, instead of having to make six... when I only need to change one variable.

10. Jake B.

Not sure that you can since the format parameters is already taken by the template name