Spiders/Bots are not coming to my forums!

José Guedes

Hello,
I used to run my forums in MyBB, and I always had some Spider/Bot searching the forums, I noticed today in Google, that the cached version of the forums is still the MyBB version. I have installed the forum software and ported it in the 6th of October.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

That will take some time but eventually will get updated. I don't have the same time line as you but it has been 5 days for me and google has been pounding my site, they have already indexed thousands of pages. However, my cache as not been updated. It looks like google has updated your preview image. So they are definitively looking at your new xF site.

That will take some time but eventually will get updated. I don't have the same time line as you but it has been 5 days for me and google has been pounding my site, they have already indexed thousands of pages. However, my cache as not been updated. It looks like google has updated your preview image. So they are definitively looking at your new xF site.
It shouldn't take 20 days for them to cache the new site.

I just checked my awstats and I've had almost 3000 robot/spider hits by various ones this month. Mostly google but a wide varity of others as well.

Best way to find out is to check your awstats.

Top Bottom