1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spiders/Bots are not coming to my forums!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by José Guedes, Oct 25, 2010.

1. José Guedes

José Guedes Active Member

I used to run my forums in MyBB, and I always had some Spider/Bot searching the forums, I noticed today in Google, that the cached version of the forums is still the MyBB version. I have installed the forum software and ported it in the 6th of October.

Does anyone else have the same problem?
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

It helps. :)
  4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

5. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

6. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

Submit a sitemap to Google.
  7. Trip

Trip Active Member

That will take some time but eventually will get updated. I don't have the same time line as you but it has been 5 days for me and google has been pounding my site, they have already indexed thousands of pages. However, my cache as not been updated. It looks like google has updated your preview image. So they are definitively looking at your new xF site.
  8. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

It shouldn't take 20 days for them to cache the new site.
  9. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

I've been on xenForo for about two-three days and already Google has crawled 1800 pages.
  10. Trip

Trip Active Member

Agreed, google can be a pain to understand sometimes.

edit: re-read OP's question. Spiders aren't visting, not specific google specific caching issue
  11. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

I just checked my awstats and I've had almost 3000 robot/spider hits by various ones this month. Mostly google but a wide varity of others as well.

Best way to find out is to check your awstats.