Browser issue  Spell checker not working properly

Alternadiv

I'm using the latest version of Safari on the latest version of OS X. The spellchecker does not seem to work properly, as seen in the screenshot:Screen shot 2011-03-28 at 3.44.07 PM.webp

Whilst this is built-in browser functionality, there may be something that can be done to get it working in the editor.

Therefore I'll leave this here for Mike or Kier to decide.

I can't reproduce this on Windows. Kier was able to reproduce it on and off on OS X, but I believe this is unfortunately a browser bug.

I doubt this is an xF Issue
Yes it is. Spell checking works perfectly in vB.x and always has.

In xF sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. For example...when a word is spelled incorrectly the lines appears (sometimes) and the word is hi lighted when you control click (Safari). But, sometimes it isn't hi lighted and you have to "spell check now" to get it to work semi properly. It's a xF bug --- pretty certain. Never had the problem before and still don't on any other forum software. Have had the problem sporadically on several forums I belong to who have switched to xF. Hope they can track this down and fix it.

Yes it is. Spell checking works perfectly in vB.x and always has.

In xF sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. For example...when a word is spelled incorrectly the lines appears (sometimes) and the word is hi lighted when you control click (Safari). But, sometimes it isn't hi lighted and you have to "spell check now" to get it to work semi properly. It's a xF bug --- pretty certain. Never had the problem before and still don't on any other forum software. Have had the problem sporadically on several forums I belong to who have switched to xF. Hope they can track this down and fix it.
Maybe it's a TinyMCE bug

Top Bottom