1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spammers

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by kadona, May 30, 2016.

1. kadona

kadona Member

Not sure if I am on the right thread, if so my apologies with this my first post as a newbie.
    I keep getting spammers who register as members each time because the captcha facility is active. I ban their IP's but I guess they know how to keep changing them. They mostly come from the one area - New York. So I have to check out each one and delete them separately.

Is there any other method of dealing with this problem?

I am also a candidate for the 'Dummies' award re language used by you experts...so a really simple step-by-step solution (if any) would be much appreciated. Thank you.

2. wang

wang Well-Known Member

3. kadona

kadona Member

Thank you very much wang...will follow up the links you provided...and see how I go.

wang likes this.
  4. kadona

kadona Member

Well I managed the first link OK (I hope). I added all the things listed plus another one. I could not find the section that was shaded blue under the title 'code'. Is that somewhere else?

Also, I selected the 'reject' button so that they are automatically deleted. I cannot see any reason to remove them manually(?).

The second link will take a bit longer to follow. I can't mess with the html as I know less than nothing about it. I hope the first one works Ok.

5. wang

wang Well-Known Member

6. kadona

kadona Member

I downloaded it but I have 1.5.4 XenForo. If it's OK for my version I have no idea what to do next. It seems to have three parts to it when contents extracted. I said I was a dummy. I can see where to add add-ons if you have the link...so I do not need to know that part...only how to find the link?