Spammers Suck! [Deleted]

vbresults

vbresults submitted a new resource:

Spammers Suck! (version 1.3.8) - Spam Hammer! 机器人锤子!Spam Martillo! by URLJet

Overview

Blocks registrations that take place too fast. It's humanly impossible to fill out a standard XenForo registration form in less than 15 seconds, and this mod hammers those registrants with a standard error OR redirects them to a specific URL. When a spammer is caught, a report is sent by email to the webmaster. 100% turn-key installation and configuration. Automatic, high quality, Mod of the Month plugin that doesn't catch humans; don't settle for...

Read more about this resource...

It may not be humanly possible to fill the registration form out that fast, but that's why I have forum forms filled in Roboform so when I go to a site, I just hit "fill & submit" so I sign up to sites in less than 5 seconds. I'd be pissed if I got marked as a spammer because of this mod.

It may not be humanly possible to fill the registration form out that fast, but that's why I have forum forms filled in Roboform so when I go to a site, I just hit "fill & submit" so I sign up to sites in less than 5 seconds. I'd be pissed if I got marked as a spammer because of this mod.
With a captcha you can't sign up in less than 5 seconds.

You can't be marked as a spammer because of this mod. It has a feature built in to prevent humans from triggering it.

what's the difference between this add-on and Chris Deeming's reg timer add-on?
Haven't looked into it so I can't say.
Um..what has Mike to do with this addon?
Absolutely nothing. I just like to put something fun in the demo screenshots. :)

A registration time is now in 1.1.4 so to prevent any issues, we're taking this down. Kudos to the XF developers for implementing such a great feature. :)

Top Bottom