XF 1.2 Spammer joined Tuesday

Nysm

A spammer joined on Tuesday and since then has spammed messages every 2-6 minutes and not once has my spam management considered he is a spammer (default settings). He has almost reached 1000 thousand posts since then and there is no easy way (for me it seems in admin control) to remove him and his messages.

I would of thought in the position of an administrator I can mark whoever I want as a spammer and go through the commands to remove their content, but I don't see no button to remove spam.

He has almost reached 1000 thousand posts since then and there is no easy way (for me it seems in admin control) to remove him and his messages.

I would of thought in the position of an administrator I can mark whoever I want as a spammer and go through the commands to remove their content, but I don't see no button to remove spam.

The reason you can't see the spam cleaner option is that you let him make too many posts before banning him.

You need to go in to your control panel, find the Spam Management options and change the spam cleaner settings:

20-09-2013 9-16-09 AM.webp

Change the Maximum message count to something higher than that spammer's current post count (1,000 or more in your case), otherwise the spam cleaner option won't show up.

I suggest you drop it back down to something reasonable afterwards to prevent accidentally spam cleaning legitimate user accounts.

I changed all settings to zero for his removal. Then reverse them to default. I'm looking through the forum settings to ensure that it's tight. Does anyone here have any recommendations of add-ons that could prevent future spamming, attacks and the such?

edit://
I was thanking you lot in my head, but forgot to include it in this post. D'oh.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Top Bottom