XF 2.2 Spammer could post 20 messages?

Black Tiger

How is this possible with a minimum time between messages of 30 seconds and between discussions set to 90 seconds.

Yesterday we had a spammer which my moderator spam-cleaned and banned already, but according to him that spammer posted 20 messages almost at the same time. Something we can't even do.

So my questions now are:
1.) Is there a way I can still check how many messages from that spammer are removed to check times? I believe my mod, but checking is better
2.) If this indeed happened, how could this happen? Is it possible that it was done via a script all at the same time bypassing the limit somehow?

If the flood timer is set then the spammer shouldn't be able to bypass it.

Have the posts been hard deleted?
If not, what are the time stamps?

Have the posts been hard deleted?
I'm not sure. He said he's seen an option "spam" and he could also ban the ip and remove all messages with it. Must be something build in because I don't have an addon for it.
But if I'm not mistaken the spam option does not do soft deletes.

If I'm not mistaken the time stamp was 10.05 hours (am).
Can't find them via the Batch update threads option, so I think they will be hard deleted.

In that case I should be able to find them with the batch updates threads, shouldn't I?
And he is in the moderator group from which I have disabled both the hard-delete options. So he can't hard-delete himself. So that is odd.

I even can't find that spam option, where can I find that button/option?

The spam cleaner did a hard clean. I changed that in the ACP I see now.

I selected this option.
Spam cleaner message action - Permanently delete

I'll change this to "Remove from public view", to be able to see them if this happens any time soon again.

Thank you.

Top Bottom