1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spam through converstaions

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Netsultants, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Netsultants

Netsultants Active Member

I'm noticing spammers are signing up and although I monitor posts for spam, I can't see their conversation activity.

Today, because of an email bounce on a users closed email address I received a copy of a conversation. This new user (spammer) is spamming through conversations out of my ability to see.

How are you all dealing with this? Is there some way of monitoring / removing?

I remove spammers all the time, but in this case I'd like to keep his posts but remove his conversations, ip, user, etc.... Is there a way to do that?

erich37 likes this.
  2. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

3. Netsultants

Netsultants Active Member

Great... I think.

I installed the addon and set admin rights. I can see the option and view for myself. But, how do I see the conversations for a potential spammer? When I look at his profile I don't see a menu item.

Disregard... I figured it out. I originally thought it was only my conversations showing on the listing. I see that all are listed. Happily not as big a problem as I was prepared for.