SPAM prevention in posting

Max

Nice to see spam combat tools in xenForo. But most of the spammers now create the account them selves and then use the software to mass spam multiple boards. So they can easily skip recaptcha or questions.

If you use digitalpoint technique or facebook technique where they ask random recaptcha to fill when they are new. I mean atleast until they make their first 25 posts. So those spammers can't play with bots anymore.

Upvote 0
Another option, like what you can do with IPB. Is limit how many posts/replies a usergroup like "Members" can make when people first go into it after registering.

Example: 10 or 20 posts per day max (until they show as registered for more than 7 days) e.t.c. At least then they can't go on some mad spamming spree after first joining. Making it easy to delete all their posts and ban them a day later.

Most new members post little the after joining, your lucky if you get more than 10-20 posts out of them a day, usually much less (1-3). So should cover it well.

Another option, like what you can do with IPB. Is limit how many posts/replies a usergroup like "Members" can make when people first go into it after registering.

Example: 10 or 20 posts per day max (until they show as registered for more than 7 days) e.t.c. At least then they can't go on some mad spamming spree after first joining. Making it easy to delete all their posts and ban them a day later.

Most new members post little the after joining, your lucky if you get more than 10-20 posts out of them a day, usually much less (1-3). So should cover it well.

yes, this is a good funcionf of ipb

Thanks guys, but some new comers are very active when they find the topic they like. So limiting the number of posts not really what i like.
Random recaptcha to fill when they are new is the method even fb use other than mobile verification.

the best antispam (bot) method is the security question
but some of my users fail to answer them due to language problems. So recaptcha is the best method for me.
I really wanna get rid of those hotfile/rapidhsare spammers who mass submit warez posts with software. They will flood any forum with warez coz hotfile etc.. such sites pay them for downloads.

I think that the best solution can be:
-new user has a limit of post/hours. For example 2post/hour.
-when he reach 10 post this limit is removed.
-in this time, moderator from front-end, can remove manually this limit (because he has understand that the user is a normal user)

I think that the best solution can be:
-new user has a limit of post/hours. For example 2post/hour.
-when he reach 10 post this limit is removed.
-in this time, moderator from front-end, can remove manually this limit (because he has understand that the user is a normal user)

Thanks for your reply bro. but sorry my friend, when you have a large forum even new people like to post more on an interesting subject they like. So blocking post number until moderator arrive is not a good option. And sometime mods also can't identify spammers from first few posts. Many say hi and some preset nice comments and replies about the site etc..
So i think what we need is human verification system like random recaptcha.

yes but if spammer are human and intelligent , you cannot prevent volountary spam.....
yeah but even on a large board you can find only few human spammers. So manually removing them is well worthy than making all of your new member have posting restrictions. And how hard we try human spammers will always skip it. So no use trying to combat human spammers using this system. We normally add their sites to word filters, so they leave the board as they get fed up bypassing it.

Top Bottom