Spam on Xenforo early hours of this morning?

flowerpot132

I was awake early this morning and checked new posts on the xenforo forum and saw pages of this:

upload_2015-9-23_11-34-32.webp

Looks like it has all been removed now. What was it out of interest? Was it spam?

I had over 160 alerts... (It might have been 360 actually, anyway it was a ridiculously large number that was 3 digits long). Selected the alerts tab, turns out all but 3 were invalid.

That's a lot of spam.

Maybe BroganBot isn't a bot?! Or maybe he was just busy rebooting. As for everyone else... gotta sleep sometime.

It wasn't a hack.
It was just a spammer who posted multiple threads over a couple of hours.

So he spent all night posting over 100 new threads?

Look, spammers aren't really known for using their time wisely. lol

Seriously though,
And how easy is it to hack the login/sign up and someone / bot do this?
It wasn't a hack. It was just a spammer. XenForo has great spam management tools. You can never stop 100% of spam though because it would create a bad user experience and plus sometimes spammers aren't doing it programmatically. Plus sometimes it's legitimately a person sitting there for hours, wasting their time.

Yeah it probably was Jake, actually, if he was online. Thought Paul was the first online this morning :)

I see, I see.

It was only 6:04 AM for Brogan when Jake posted, though it was still 10:04 PM for Jake and me. However, it wouldn't have really surprised me if Brogan had gotten it, because, according to him, sleep is for the weak. Ain't that right, @Brogan? ;)

Top Bottom