Fixed Legit attachments sometimes marked as "unassociated" and disappear after 24 hours

In that yesterday's case it was definitely a "submitted the content and the attachment wasn't visible" case as he had to upload the same attachment to a 3rd provider's site afterwards. So, I am not checking like every hour but like at the end of the day. All of the cases in my forum can easily be tracked down to this "submited content but..." thingy because we are adding in bulk attachments to the system. That means versions 1-5 of something. So seeing that version 2 has a "unassociated status" means indeed the bug was the problem because it makes no sense to upload version 1, 3, 4, 5 but leave out version 2. Anyway, I hope that all is good now, we'll see.

In that yesterday's case it was definitely a "submitted the content and the attachment wasn't visible" case as he had to upload the same attachment to a 3rd provider's site afterwards.
I'm a bit confused, because I though this particular bug is about submitting the content and the attachment being visible, but disappearing after 24 hours???

No. That has never been the case.

The file is uploaded, and it may have been visible in the editor, but after the post is created the attachment is displayed as "View attachment <id>" in the post.

This was happening because the uploaded attachment was not being associated with the content being created. Attachments which are unassociated are deleted after 24 hours (they are usually attachments that have been uploaded, but the post is never submitted).

No. That has never been the case.

The file is uploaded, and it may have been visible in the editor, but after the post is created the attachment is displayed as "View attachment <id>" in the post.

This was happening because the uploaded attachment was not being associated with the content being created. Attachments which are unassociated are deleted after 24 hours (they are usually attachments that have been uploaded, but the post is never submitted).
The posts have been submitted and the images were displaying fine until 24 hours when xenForo deleted them. I made a bug report with the full details but you've merged it with this thread.

So far I've asked affected members to clear cache. I've just done a master data rebuild.

So far only some images are being deleted but hoping these numbers go down after the master rebuild.

Top Bottom