XF 1.3 Spam is getting through

Divinum Fiat

Hi everyone,

I hope this is in the right place. Since the upgrade I am getting spam membership requests. My membership is set to "manual approval" and I have 2 security questions that they have to fill out. These bots are filling out the questions like this:

zlik6g6h (ug.g.b.o.ot.s2014@gmail.com
How did you find us: who_referred_you
Why do you want to become a member: more_about_you

All of the requests are filled out the same way. Did something change with the latest upgrade or is there a way to stop these bots to come through?

Thank you all!

They have to answer the questions in any way they choose. The Q&A captcha is set, they still get through. I had a dozen of these (different names and emails but all spammy looking and same answers).

They have to answer the questions in any way they choose. The Q&A captcha is set, they still get through. I had a dozen of these (different names and emails but all spammy looking and same answers).
If you want a really good captcha system, and don't mind using an add-on, I can't recommend @tenants FoolBotHoneyPot enough. There is the free branded version and the unbranded (paid). His complete collection pretty much eliminates any non-human spam signups. Well worth the few bucks it costs for it.

Top Bottom