XF 1.1 Spam Cleaner question

Vcize

My board was recently overrun with a massive spam attack. The mods are going through using the spam cleaner now, but I've got some questions that I'm not sure of, mainly what state it leaves the spammer accounts in...

I have all the main options checked...
  • Delete spammer's threads
  • Delete spammer's messages
  • Ban Spammer
  • Check Spammer IPs
1) It looks like, after running a user through this, their account still exists and their profile is still publicly accessible (meaning their profile spam gets through). Is there a way to full-on delete the spammer's account during this process?
2) We get a list of all the other accounts with the same IP. In many cases there are hundreds. Is there a way to kill everything off for all the users with the matching IP rather than going through 1 by 1?
3) It does not appear to be banning the spammer's IP, just their account. So they just keep coming back. Is there a way to automatically ban the IP of the spammer as part of the spam cleanup process?

1) Perma-banned users cannot have their profiles viewed by anyone except those with this permission (normally admins and mods):

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups -> [click a group] -> Bypass user privacy

The member list also does not show banned users. Banned users are effectively hidden and inaccessible on the forum except to admins and mods.

2) You could just ban the IP instead of banning the accounts:

Admin CP -> Users -> Banned IP Addresses

3) The spam cleaner doesn't automatically ban IPs, nor is there a configurable option to automatically ban IPs. You have to ban the IP manually in the Admin CP.

More spam info here:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/dealing-with-forum-spam.980/

Top Bottom