XF 2.2 Spam Cleaner Times Out On Large Jobs

John917

I'm trying to mass delete resources by a user using the spam cleaner.

It's a test run and since the user has 3000 resources, it keeps timing out.

I tried max_execution_time = 300 and then the job seems to finish in the browser (the loading screen on the top right stops and no console error on browser). However, the resources are still there.

I tried to find an addon but the only addon I could find that was close to this was Andy's https://xenforo.com/community/resources/delete-posts.5979/ Looking at the php code, it seems like it's only for posts and not resources.
*edit I think it works with normal amount of resources but it ended up crashing for 3000 so it thinks it deleted them but it didn't? Andy can you confirm this? I know it's not meant for like 3000 resources lol but I tried it anyways.

Any solution to this? Anything in stock Xenforo that may be able to mass delete resources? Any addons?

Last edited:
I don't understand: how does a spammer have 3000 posts? Are they all spam? If so, why did you let him post that many before catching him?

Normally, you'd just want to delete the spam post and ban the user, leaving the rest of his posts in place.

Rather than using the regular spam cleaner option in this case, just delete the spam pos(s) and ban the user.

I don't understand: how does a spammer have 3000 posts? Are they all spam? If so, why did you let him post that many before catching him?

Normally, you'd just want to delete the spam post and ban the user, leaving the rest of his posts in place.

Rather than using the regular spam cleaner option in this case, just delete the spam pos(s) and ban the user.
Yes haha I read your exact post on a similar thread! It's because I'm creating a bunch of resources from my admin user. So technically I'm trying to find a way to manage a crap ton of resources (legit resource posts not spam technically). Manual deletion for now 😭

Top Bottom