Spam and Disposable email addresses

Spam and Disposable email addresses 0.4

No permission to download
Thanks @Lexy, I believe you that it's not working but I'm not able to reproduce said "problem" on any of my forums both live and test running either XF versions 1.3.2 or 1.3.3.

*.it? Seriously?

I don't think that ALL italian domains are spam! :censored:
Be careful to use this on your board!

This list is very good, but I also agree here. Can we not block country-wide domains?
Not only is it offensive to people's countries who are listed, but not all domains from that country are spam.

Reactions: sgr
but not all domains from that country are spam
I'm registered in more than 100 international boards with .it e-mail address. And like me, thousands (millions?) italian users.

I think that is really useless and dangerous exclude root country domain. Please remove it, and not only *.it

I'm registered in more than 100 international boards with .it e-mail address. And like me, thousands (millions?) italian users.

I think that is really useless and dangerous exclude root country domain. Please remove it, and not only *.it

In the mean time you can remove country-wide blocks from the list in your Admin CP, that's what I've done.

@Bubka3 and @giorgino this add-on is based on my experience running forums that I'm simply and freely sharing with others. As you've seen the process to remove any domain or country that's been added is a very simple thing to do. Feel free to customize these settings to your own liking.

@HWS - thanks for the tip and I will certainly give that a shoot on the next update. Very much appreciated!

I'm imported this and it shows the table in the database with those blocked emails. However in admin its not showing them under banned emails and i tried to register an acc with one and it worked

I don't know why but even after using this addon (by importing the .sql into xf_ban_email), I'm still getting users trying to join with teleworm.us, superrito and dayrep.. all of which are there in the sql file.

The banned emails regexs are also visible in the ACP -> Users -> Banned Email Addresses

Anyone knows why this is happening?

(I'm on XF 1.4.4)

@WoodiE ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom