sonnb - Stop Spam Here [Paid] [Deleted]

You selected "Allow to register" so it's doing exactly what you told it to do when a confirmed spammer is found.
Yeah but it should be going into the moderation queue, and that isn't happening.
By "put user into moderation queue", I'm expecting the user to be pending admin approval (because its part of registration, not part of posting, which is picked up by akismet)

Yeah but it should be going into the moderation queue, and that isn't happening.
By "put user into moderation queue", I'm expecting the user to be pending admin approval (because its part of registration, not part of posting, which is picked up by akismet)
First, Yep it should be pending to be approved by Admin. You could check in ACP -> Logs for what action did it take on this user.
Secondary, Stop Forum Spam returns a field called "confidence", this is the possibility chance for users to be spammers. Currently I only process users who have "confidence" more than 70 (70/100). So if this user was not detected then his "confidence" did not reach 70 yet. In the next update I would allow you to selected this "confidence" number in ACP option to control it yourself.

First, Yep it should be pending to be approved by Admin. You could check in ACP -> Logs for what action did it take on this user.
Secondary, Stop Forum Spam returns a field called "confidence", this is the possibility chance for users to be spammers. Currently I only process users who have "confidence" more than 70 (70/100). So if this user was not detected then his "confidence" did not reach 70 yet. In the next update I would allow you to selected this "confidence" number in ACP option to control it yourself.
Thanks for getting back. Thats what I thought should happen. There is nothing in the logs and due to the fact he had 11 reports and 8 topic IP addresses, I had him down as a dead cert. I'll look forward to the update. :)

PS how do we get the updates?

Thanks for getting back. Thats what I thought should happen. There is nothing in the logs and due to the fact he had 11 reports and 8 topic IP addresses, I had him down as a dead cert. I'll look forward to the update. :)

PS how do we get the updates?
All the updates would be directly delivered by email.

There are 2 differences between XenUtiles and Stop Spam Here, where Stop Spam Here has more configurable options when it comes to how the spam is dealt with.

It also provides Akismet support for new posts (you can set a post count so that it won't check users with a post count of higher than say, 10) where XenUtiles does not. This, for me, has been more helpful than using the SFS database and has blocked spam posts where bots have registered days in advance. It also allows checking of PMs/Conversations with Akismet, which can be very beneficial as there may be times where bots register and spam your users that way rather than making posts, which is less detectable until someone reports it.

sonnb updated sonnb - Stop Spam Here with a new update entry:

Risk Indicator feature, stop message improvement, minor bug fixes and code changes

- Risk Indicator feature: Added Risk Indicator feature by using "Point Checking System". By using this feature, you could filter out users who have chances to be spammers by checking:
  • Username include specified words
  • Email from specified email domain
  • IP Address from specified network.
You could configure these information in ACP's options (example included in each field).
For example, I have following settings:
Username: (Rule: {word}=>{point})...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Nice adding a risk checking IP update. I'd love to block the following countries: Australia, Pakistan, India, China and probably 75% of the UK.

Looks good sonnb! I'll buy this one from you as soon as I can spare a dollar...or rather 15 dollars lol. College is still wearing me down :p

All the updates would be directly delivered by email. I am currently away from email so I would send later.
Next time send it to your paid clients first before updating it here.
And use a web mail solution like gmail, put your file in Dropbox.

Next time send it to your paid clients first before updating it here.
And use a web mail solution like gmail, put your file in Dropbox.
Thanks Andy for your suggestion. I am unable to access these stuffs from works :D. Maybe I should delay the update post after send it to paid customers :)

Top Bottom