sonnb - Stop Spam Here [Paid] [Deleted]

I'm a bit concerned about this http://xenforo.com/community/threads/stop-forum-spam-announce-removal-of-xen-utilities-users.35421/
The submit feature of the Stop Spam Here addon is based on a hidden field (bot detection), but not on a real spam case, isn't it? Is this in line with SFS policy? I disabled the submit feature for now.

Hello,

The real spam case, which was sent by SFS already exist so we would not submit again so only the bot would be submitted. Yes, the bot might probably not spammers but it is a kind of spam and that why we have option there to enable/disable. If users feel do not like them then just report them.

Ah... now this makes sense better, as it is doing similar to Wordpress, using Askimet to scan the actual post.

Does it do this at the time of posting or after it is posted? Can this be limited to only a specific forum/s id? Does this put a lag on posting, due to accessing a third party? What happens if Askimet goes down (general question), does that stop your users posting if it can't be accessed at a specific second the member is posting?

Ah... now this makes sense better, as it is doing similar to Wordpress, using Askimet to scan the actual post.

Does it do this at the time of posting or after it is posted? Can this be limited to only a specific forum/s id? Does this put a lag on posting, due to accessing a third party? What happens if Askimet goes down (general question), does that stop your users posting if it can't be accessed at a specific second the member is posting?
- It does process before posting.
- This is anti-spam stuff so I did not give the option to which forum to enable it since you need to check every node because spam bot would not post right place right? But it is good to be an option so everyone can decide it.
- It does not make a lot of delay since the check is fast but might a little bit delay if your server connection is too low (as long as users can access to site, your connection is fast enough to do the check).
- Currently it is using Zend Akismet service to check and might throw error if it cannot connect to Akismet. I have planned to rewrite the code in the next version so this limit would be fixed.

I´ve bought this mod using another xenforo account and I would like to see more detailed instructions about how I need to proceed to enable this mod in the right way...

I´ve bought this mod using another xenforo account and I would like to see more detailed instructions about how I need to proceed to enable this mod in the right way...
Hello,

It is simple as cake. Just go to: ACP -> Options -> sonnb - Stop Spam Here. From here you could configure whatever you need to configure based on feature information and images in here: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/sonnb-stop-spam-here.845/. More than that, each field includes an explanation and example that help you to understand what does is stand for. If you need any help, just reply here or PC or email me.

How I should configure, so a detected user from SFS will be always processed ? Right now, I have put Confidential field to 0 and I'm allowing registering but put in moderation queue. Some time later, several bots register and they are not in the moderation queue. Actually I rarely see a bot in the queue. What should I do ?

How I should configure, so a detected user from SFS will be always processed ? Right now, I have put Confidential field to 0 and I'm allowing registering but put in moderation queue. Some time later, several bots register and they are not in the moderation queue. Actually I rarely see a bot in the queue. What should I do ?
You should not set it to 0, it would block valid user also. I suggest to leave it default is 70. It is not always bot would be detect, somehow they still by pass the SFS check. You should configure hidden field and configure Point Checking.

But SFS detects it's a bot since there a is an entry in SFS log. Even with 0 as confidence and even if SFS detects it, the user is still not processed. I've have already the hidden field configured, but I don't understand why even with such option, it would not be always processed.

Also, can you explain more the three last options at the bottom of the configuration page ?

But SFS detects it's a bot since there a is an entry in SFS log. Even with 0 as confidence and even if SFS detects it, the user is still not processed. I've have already the hidden field configured, but I don't understand why even with such option, it would not be always processed.

Also, can you explain more the three last options at the bottom of the configuration page ?
Could you please send me a screenshot of your configuration via Conversation?

- Hidden field: Normal user would not see it so it would be blank when send to server, but the bot might fill it with random value.
- Three last options:
  • PC sender: When you select "Allow to post and send a warning PC to specified Mods", this userid would be used to make that such conversation (PC).
  • PC Receipt: List of PC receivers to receive above PC.
  • Report User ID: When you select "Allow to post and make a report in Report System", this userid would be used to make that such report in Report System, otherwise current userid would be used instead.

Here a screenshot :

bMrGV.png

Even with such configuration, let's say for the 5 latest bots, 1 only has been put in the moderation queue. Are you sure Confidential value is taken in count ? :P

Please note that even you set this value to 0 but if this bot does not exist in SFS database then it would be not processed since it is not spammer (as SFS said). In the next release, I would add some more Options to use more bot detect services, that would more help to detect bot.

What is the purpose of the SFS logs, so ? All the latest bots are well logged there, shouldn't it mean a bot is well found ? All bots from now have been found with SFS database, but only few ones are processed even though I have the confidence value to 0. Sorry, unless it's a bug, I don't understand how to configure to have the wanted behavior.

Top Bottom