sonnb - Stop Spam Here [Paid] [Deleted]

I don't need anything sorry, my quote was pulled here from a different topic by someone, and that's how this started. With 2 plugins and changing default XenForo settings I was able to stop the mass amount of spam I was getting for free, so I don't really need to pay for this, not sure why any one would, no offense.
Sometime it is hard to give out a reason to the question "why do I need this?". It just comes when you need its features. Anyway, thanks for sharing your opinion :)

sonnb updated sonnb - Stop Spam Here with a new update entry:

Coding improvement, added 2 more spam bot checking services: BotScout and FSpamlist, major changes

Changes Logs:

- Coding Improvement: There are a lot of coding changes, less of code, more performance. The source code is more clearly, run faster and more reliability.

- Added 2 more spam bot checking services: I have added 2 more spam checking services on registration: Botscout and Fspamlist. These 2 new services would help you to have more chance to stop bots and spammers to register on your board.
  • You must obtain API key for these 2 new services in order to using...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Does this add-on work with IP addresses behind a load balancer? When getting the client IP do you use HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR?

Hi, I've updated to 1.1.8 and now 1.1.9 but the logging isn't showing the usernames for anti-spam registration matches:
missingname.webp

Thanks for the updates!

Anyone has any entry in the log with 1.1.9? I clear the log and haven't got anything in there for the last 24 hours. It should have tons of spam attempts logged.

Does this add-on work with IP addresses behind a load balancer? When getting the client IP do you use HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR?
Currently it does not support, I would consider to add this however using this value might be a risk since this value could be faked by spammers.

Hi, I've updated to 1.1.8 and now 1.1.9 but the logging isn't showing the usernames for anti-spam registration matches:
View attachment 34426
Thanks for the updates!

Hello Lazy,

In this version, I only log matched field. In your case, username was not found in Spam DB so it was not there. You could go to his account by click on the link "Go to content" above (if he had registered successfully)
Anyone has any entry in the log with 1.1.9? I clear the log and haven't got anything in there for the last 24 hours. It should have tons of spam attempts logged.
Above comment by Lazy is an answer to you ^_^. This is because you are lucky?

In this version, I only log matched field. In your case, username was not found in Spam DB so it was not there. You could go to his account by click on the link "Go to content" above (if he had registered successfully)
If I click on the "Go to Content: users/" - I get an error as it takes me to http://www.urban75.net/forums/users/, not to the actual user.
The only way I can then find which user it meant, is by looking at all the users awaiting manual approval for ones which have the supplied email or IP.

It'd be much nicer if it actually linked to the user that the log entry was about.

If I click on the "Go to Content: users/" - I get an error as it takes me to http://www.urban75.net/forums/users/, not to the actual user.
The only way I can then find which user it meant, is by looking at all the users awaiting manual approval for ones which have the supplied email or IP.

It'd be much nicer if it actually linked to the user that the log entry was about.
Of course it does. It is because this user was not registered successfully (am I right?) so he/she does not have user_id yet, that why the link is empty. BTW, this should be members/ in version 1.1.9 instead of users/ was in 1.1.8

Of course it does. It is because this user was not registered successfully (am I right?) so he/she does not have user_id yet, that why the link is empty. BTW, this should be members/ in version 1.1.9 instead of users/ was in 1.1.8
The user does exists and is in the "Awaiting approval" list (found by searching for users using the info that is in the log).
So they get created in the database, but their registration hasn't been approved.

BTW, this should be members/ in version 1.1.9 instead of users/ was in 1.1.8
Nope, the 1.1.9 code I have has:
PHP:
$log['content_link'] = XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('users', array('user_id'=>
$log['content_id']));
in Log.php

Having said that, the version number in the header of all files is 1.1.8, but they're in the archive that came with the 1.1.9 XML file.....

Nope, the 1.1.9 code I have has:
PHP:
$log['content_link'] = XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('users', array('user_id'=>
$log['content_id']));
in Log.php

Having said that, the version number in the header of all files is 1.1.8, but they're in the archive that came with the 1.1.9 XML file.....
That is my bad. Going to fix it soon.

Ever since I updated it doesn't seem to be stopping them, or at least I don't see any in the log when I had 500 blocked in 5 days.

Top Bottom