sonnb - Smiles bulk importer

sonnb - Smiles bulk importer 1.0.4

No permission to download
Hi Mutt, anychance we could see any updated screens if you've made progress from the last screenshots you posted in the smiley thread category thread? And good to hear.

@sonnB very nice work very much appreciated that your taking the time to tackle the smiley area. (y)

I didn't do 1 thing since then. I've actually removed stuff so I can redo it using the TMS system so if anything it appears like I've gone backwards even though i haven't. it wasn't until I started using TMS that releasing it even seemed like an option. i haven't tried yet but I'm assuming it can handle admin templates. if so, we should be golden.

I didn't do 1 thing since then. I've actually removed stuff so I can redo it using the TMS system so if anything it appears like I've gone backwards even though i haven't. it wasn't until I started using TMS that releasing it even seemed like an option. i haven't tried yet but I'm assuming it can handle admin templates. if so, we should be golden.

nah nah not at all I don't think your going backwards and can understand you using the tms. And I do admire your persistence in tackling this so I'm definitely one of those looking forward in seeing this evolving and something fruitful coming out of the woodwork. :)

It just times out when rebuilding the caches and when I click the link for importing them the page is empty other than the XF admincp styling.
It is not a problem of addon but your server's performance (I think). You could check in firebug when it is rebuilding the cache, there are errors might appear there.

security error? worked fine for my basic smilies, but will not import from another directory (folder has the same read/write permission as the folder that worked)

I am guess it does not like a particular style of writing? some image filenames are like I-am-happy.gif and others are I_am_sad.gif

EDIT
Nevermind ended up being too many at once. I could only do 200 or less per import (probably due to server restrictions)

Ah okay my only issue now is!

When I import the smilies from different folders some images have the same file name for example MeMe/LOL.gif and WOAH/LOL.gif
That means which ever I upload first gets (LOL) and the new one will turn an error "(LOL) is already in use"

When this happens the entire page already writes to the database except for that one conflict. So I change that name to :LOL1: and then i'll get an error for another duplicate entry because the upload is all trying to rewrite the the database.

I know that may sound confusing but if you try out what I said (multiple files with the same names in different folders) you'll be able to replicate my issue.

It'd be nice for the successful queries to disappear.

Excellent resources I will be donating to you :) saved me heaps of time.

Ah okay my only issue now is!

When I import the smilies from different folders some images have the same file name for example MeMe/LOL.gif and WOAH/LOL.gif
That means which ever I upload first gets (LOL) and the new one will turn an error "(LOL) is already in use"

When this happens the entire page already writes to the database except for that one conflict. So I change that name to :LOL1: and then i'll get an error for another duplicate entry because the upload is all trying to rewrite the the database.

I know that may sound confusing but if you try out what I said (multiple files with the same names in different folders) you'll be able to replicate my issue.

It'd be nice for the successful queries to disappear.

Excellent resources I will be donating to you :) saved me heaps of time.

I would definitely looking at this and answer you later and Thank you for your support.

HI,
1.03 gave me errors on duplicates

1.04 will not run without giving me:
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

HI,
1.03 gave me errors on duplicates

1.04 will not run without giving me:
Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.
Sorry for delay reply, I did not see your comment before. Which step give you this error? If possible please give me more information then it's faster to be fixed.

I did get this to work after moving my vB3 /smilies/ directory under my xf directory and importing portions of smilies at a time.

works well but after I import the smilies I get an overlay error which makes it seem like it didn't work even though it did.

suggestion for the next version, if an image in the dir is already in the DB, it should skip it or at the very least, have it unchecked.

thanks

works well but after I import the smilies I get an overlay error which makes it seem like it didn't work even though it did.

suggestion for the next version, if an image in the dir is already in the DB, it should skip it or at the very least, have it unchecked.

thanks
Thanks for your suggestion.

Top Bottom