Browser issue Something odd with the alerts

mauzao9

Heya.

I am noticing this behavior in this forum that already did happen several times. I enter the forum, check the alerts... Then i open the recourse manager page, and the alerts i did open already show again in as unread in the resource page, if i refresh, they go away.

I find this odd because when i click the resource manager it appears in the moment, it looks the page is already loaded but i did not open it before.

Anybody noticed this? I'm using Chrome 28, win7.

If you successfully viewed the alerts, that should mark them all as read in the same process. I'm not sure how it would ever move to the next page. Obviously, if you open another page before reading the alerts, they'll show up there as well.

Obviously, if you open another page before reading the alerts, they'll show up there as well.
It's the other way around, I open the index, i have like 2 alerts, i open the menu, loads, since that moment they are read, sometimes after that i open the resource manager page and it shows again the 2 alerts as unread, if i F5, they show read. This must be something since with me the recourse manager opens without loading sometimes, what for me explains why the alerts popup again, like the Information tab in the profiles, it's pre-loaded. (i don't open the 2 pages at the same time, i open the index, i read the alerts, i open resource manager).

I will pay attention to it so i catch this on video.

@Mike i got it on video now:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The alert were already read but shows as unread in the resource manager page again and i did not open both at the same time, only did open it after open the alerts in the forum index.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the speed in which that page is loading makes me think it's coming from a cache. It could be a proxy server that isn't respecting settings or just aggressive browser caching. The alerts are actually marked as read on the second page, otherwise they would be showing as yellow.

I'm not sure why this page in particular could be cached - it doesn't do anything different than any other page.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the speed in which that page is loading makes me think it's coming from a cache. It could be a proxy server that isn't respecting settings or just aggressive browser caching. The alerts are actually marked as read on the second page, otherwise they would be showing as yellow.

I'm not sure why this page in particular could be cached - it doesn't do anything different than any other page.
That's what i find odd, if i now go the forum list > resources, it loads the page normally, this only happens when i visit the site again after some hours and have new alerts (always the first visit), it also happens if in the topic i read from the alert includes some resource link, there is the alert balloon again.

Top Bottom