Someone really likes XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm... to me he bashes Kier's coding style.
A little bit. But, he flat out spills out his favorite here...
vBulletin is probably the most common software around, but I would not choose it. I simply
love object-oriented programming and they still stick with old-fashioned imperative code
forcing you to reinvent the wheel again and again.

Invision Power Board is usually the next software which comes to your mind, but once again I
would not chose it. Let's just say they're missing some kind of a think tank :)
XenForo. There was a real hype in the past year and then they revealed their first release. It
looks pretty modern but lacks many essential features.

All in all I might give XenForo a try. Before developing a software on my own :)

I would guess that sooner or later also VB will be going to copy XenForo's coding-style and features......

XF is the ultimate innovation-leader in the market....:barefoot:

I would guess that sooner or later also VB will be going to copy XenForo's coding-style and features......
Xenforo is the innovation leader.
But to me, the shocking thing is, it's not that different than the others.
That certainly has benefits such as .... easy conversion.
I don't think xenforo qualifies as a revolutionary innovation.
It's more evolutionary.
But it's definitely the best.

You've not seen their recent vBulletin 5 screen shots .... have you .... Not the photoshops ... The real thing.... They're already copying XenForo.

Change the coloring and take away 1 feature and it would be XenForo exactly.

Of course... I'm sure their argument will be that XenForo is copying them :rolleyes:

Basically that's Xenforo....amazing how everything is just merging into one now....

I think that through observations and studies we will find that XenForo is going in the right direction. Many people will follow suit BUT I'm not calling them copy cats quite yet.

Though I love XenForo I have to admit that many of my users were comfortable with it on day one. It was because it was like a combination of facebook and a forum. The alerts system (and then i added the user tagging) and the facebook sign-on. XenForo is probably well aware that many forums are loosing out on traffic to social sites like facebook. An out of the box attempt to help retain activity is to make the functionality very close?

Please don't take anything I said to offense or as an attack. I love XenForo but honestly I think aside from the membercard feature Woltlab isn't doing anything that any other forward thinking developers wouldn't be doing.

OH and when all this IB bull crap is over with and Kier/team are back at making their magical forum more awesome it will be good. Competition draws attention and stimulates forward thinking. One step ahead = great for customers :) Even if the competition is just trying to mimic you the entire time >.>

And the colors are blue... I hope no one is making that a sign of being a copy cat >.> lol

I wouldn't give much for what this guy says or likes. He is so full in this Interview you'd think Woltlab invented the Internet.
Yup. Woltlab isn't exactly bad software, but they always tried to copy the big one(s). Years ago, they literally re-implemented every single feature that appeared in vB, but for some reason, they were always lagging behind :)

They are quite popular in German speaking countries, because you can get decent first-hand support in German, but anywhere else on the world, Woltlab has little to none relevance in the forumsphere.

It does look good, but it's really really obviously "inspired" from XF. Even the avatar use lol. The portal integration is quite cool though.

Very similar is a understatement :confused:

Even see IPB and some vB5 (postbit) in there. Of course it looks pretty nice as it should with a interface that resembles XenForo so much..

Saw the first presentating Video minutes ago on wbb
Lots of Xenforo Influence.

Just if you take a look into a Thread, the Like System, Userinfos with the Arrow, Thread Preview Popup, Sidebar with Toogle System, Breadcrumbs etc.
Could be a hybrid, if there where not their ugly WCF :whistle:
btw... Thread Didpay Filter System in Sidebar? As a Block? Looks very Oldshool.

I dont know.... everybody wants to jump on xenforo´s successfully bandwagon.
Such a small Group of Developers (KAM and Co.) released a great product in quite a small timeframe, where others needed YEARS to go to JUST a presentation.

I will give the Beta a try, when it will be released anywhen ;)
But sooner or later i will switch over all my projects to xenforo

This happens when you have no own ideas, sad, very sad. But Woltlab is very well known for this, since its very early days when they tried to copy vBulletin. And the most terrifying for me is, that they do their work no 200 km away from me, in a land which is known for its innovations, as I said, very sad. :(

I don't know if it's true but recently someone told me that early burning board 4 concept pics existed years before xenforo (I think it was 2006) and those didn't differ that much from the look of bb4 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom