Someone really likes XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like it.....

The home page (index) still seems a little dated (out of date), but beyond that (and they really do need to get beyond that) ..... All the add-ons I use here seem to be default there.

I don't expect to be jumping ship though.

XenForo has been a "safe" place for my development and the company (XenForo Ltd) has not taken a negative stance with us (we're on good terms as far as I know)..... I reward loyalty, just as much as I reward development. And I'm not quick to forget.

So I'll be renewing my copy of XenForo, as well as adding more of their add-ons in the future. :)

However, I may "play with" Burning Board 4. Someone has to make an importer from BB4 to XenForo (or supply a copy for someone else to look into it). And its always good to have a fall back (I like having plan A, B, C, D, E, F....ect..).

I'm a heavy VB user, mostly 4. Bought a 5 to play with, hate it.
Got a couple of IPB's, don't like it much. I started out with it many years ago though.

I'm slowly transferring from VB4 to XF. Only found out the law suit had ended the other day and already have 4 Xen's running live.

Never gave any thought to any other forum make, and don't think I will be doing either. If DP and AVForums are porting over to it, it's good enough for me too.

It's no Xenforo.
His point was you can change the name of the last part of the URL however you like and it will still work (without redirecting to the original URL). This is the same like Joomla URLs, which has proven to be problematic. XenForo URLs are better.

His point was you can change the name of the last part of the URL however you like and it will still work (without redirecting to the original URL). This is the same like Joomla URLs, which has proven to be problematic. XenForo URLs are better.

I was just generalizing about the product not specifics that was the nearest link from the quick reply. :)

Some parts look like xf, some like vb5 and some like IPB so much so I almost choked on my coffee and thought "don't people try to come up with new ideas anymore".

edit: liking the sidebar toggle though.

Some parts look like xf, some like vb5 and some like IPB so much so I almost choked on my coffee and thought "don't people try to come up with new ideas anymore".

I don't think I've ever seen them trying to come up with new ideas but always late to the game resembling all the current forum software available. Every time.

I don't think I've ever seen them trying to come up with new ideas but always late to the game resembling all the current forum software available. Every time.

TBH I don't know too much about this product or the company, so unaware of the track record or their history. But from what I'm hearing about the product and reading tidbits of info it lacks English support so I'm not very familiar with this company at all.

That makes sense though because I'm definitely seeing alot of similarities in design with the other products. I thought it might have just been me thinking this.

I do like the live updating in threads. While I was reading, bottom of the thread updated "2 new replies made" and i refreshed and there were 2 more replies that weren't there when I loaded the page.

TBH I don't know too much about this product or the company, so unaware of the track record or their history. But from what I'm hearing about the product and reading tidbits of info it lacks English support so I'm not very familiar with this company at all.

That makes sense though because I'm definitely seeing alot of similarities in design with the other products. I thought it might have just been me thinking this.

They've been in the market for a long time now, they did offer a "decent" PHP forum software back in the day for free. I'm not sure what's their deal now but they just keep on going with their good ol' playbook. Not like it'll interest me either but at least it looks better than it did.

That's why I will stay with XF. I trust Kier's nose for innovative things and Mike's superiority to other programmers.

That's why I will stay with XF. I trust Kier's nose for innovative things and Mike's superiority to other programmers.

Same here. I don't think I've ever enjoyed using a forum software as much as I have with xenforo and I've been able to do so much more in the way of enhancing my board with the innovation I feel the devs provided from day 1.

I'll admit I'm a fan of the product. Always have, always will I think.

Reactions: Kim
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom