Someone really likes XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luxus

Alright, as an unbiased forum software user naturally I check out and compare the various scripts that are available. Recently I checked out the alpha version of Woltlabs new framework that is going to be used for the upcoming burning board 4 software and while it's normal that competing software share some similarities this one, though I personally like it, makes me wonder where Woltlab got their inspiration from.

At this point I will let pictures speak:
wcf-1.webp wcf-2.webp wcf-3.webp wcf-4.webp wcf-5.webp wcf-6.webp

Some old pictures from their twitter account:
wcf-7.webp wcf-8.webp wcf-9.webp

The fact like someone pointed out was that mimicry is the highest form of flattery just say's that they acknowledge at least a portion of the logic behind how xenforo was built from scratch and now other companies in the same market will probably continue to take ideas in bits and pieces and spin them to suit themselves.....as far as visually just by looking at those images...to me them showing it as is would just be them tipping their hat to xf.

Indeed, very similar. Note: to Woltlabs, expect a letter from IB !

That being said, the feel of the software might be harder to copy.
Not to mention, when Xenforo 2 comes out, they'll have to scramble to copy that !

Thanks for the post Luxus.

Just for fun... try searching 2001 posts at vb.com with "woltlab". But if anyone asks, you didn't get this tip from me, ok? :)

It's not the first time Woltlab would make their newest skin look like another forum software, they've done it before.

A post at AdminForums.org confirms that "Someone really like XenForo."

http://www.adminforums.org/threads/woltlab-developer-alexander-ebert-answers-our-questions.27494/

It's not just the C.E.O. that likes XF, it's possibly, the whole team. They're inspired. It seems like everyone's following xenForo nowdays than ever before.
Hm... to me he bashes Kier's coding style.

Indeed, I could write my own
extensions to enhance the software with features I need, but once again I've stumbled upon a
no-go: Imperative code encapsulated within object-oriented classes. At least I wasn't surprised
that the former head of development at vBulletin wouldn't entirely change his way of
programming. Sadly, because they really had the opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom