Someone copied 100% my forum

Oh, just noticed that you need to change from HTTPS to HTTP in the URL and they both load fine.

Well, it's a copy of course... sorry about that.

Well the copy seems to have way more FB fans than the original... also the copy does have a favicon while the original doesn't.

Are you sure that the copy is Promobugs?

Well the copy seems to have way more FB fans than the original... also the copy does have a favicon while the original doesn't.

OFc ;.. I did everything, I have the logo licences, check the date of the posts. This guy had a famous fanpage and made the site over it. using my structure

Not sure why would someone do something like this. Have you tried contact him?

Its all around affiliate links .. He has a big group on facebook and once I came to him asking for a partner ship.. he showed engajed, made me few questions regarding the forum and then blocked me and did this.

Change the look of your forum. You'll see how it will go further. Sorry, not sure what else to say here...

Sorry to hear that. If you own the the logo, try to go after him for that. When did you start using that logo? I see he put it on his facebook page on March 30 and you put it on in April. Did you have it on your forum before that?

As far as the theme and colors go. I don't think there is much you can do about that. He can buy the same one and tweak them to match yours. Not sure why he would want to copy you.

Other than changing your colors again, and/or getting a complete custom theme, I'm not sure what else you can do but just try to be the best out of the two and crush him.

James

Sorry to hear that. If you own the the logo, try to go after him for that. When did you start using that logo? I see he put it on his facebook page on March 30 and you put it on in April. Did you have it on your forum before that?

As far as the theme and colors go. I don't think there is much you can do about that. He can buy the same one and tweak them to match yours. Not sure why he would want to copy you.

Other than changing your colors again, and/or getting a complete custom theme, I'm not sure what else you can do but just try to be the best out of the two and crush him.

James

You forgot to check the year of the photos on facebook :)

The scrapped the theme/logo/structure and most of threads contents too.

Only thing you can do is get a lawyer in your country and understand what rights you have to go after them.

You forgot to check the year of the photos on facebook :)

The scrapped the theme/logo/structure and most of threads contents too.

Sorry. Your right. I did miss that. Looked at it a few times as well. That is cheap that he stole all of that.

James

If they have a host you might start by filling a copyright infringement claim, but if they have their own server it won't be easy...

That said there's been a few duplicated XF installs around lately, it's becoming scary o_O

Without wanting to sound crass, welcome to business. Why do you think companies so aggressively protect their trademarks and such? For this exact reason.

Always be careful about who you approach in the business world. Most people will leave you high and dry.

Let me ask you a stupid question Super120, how do you add a favicon and what purpose does that serve? Newbie here ..

Thanks

Top Bottom