Some threads display blank/ badly

Shanj

I quite often get the display coming up badly.
Screenshot -

xfproblem.gif

Any ideas please?
It c an be one thread or several, but never all threads on a page.

That looks like your browser is not loading all the content correctly.
Which browser/OS are you using and what is your ISP/speed?

I use 3 browsers (Chrome, FF and IE) and I've never experienced that so I think it's more likely to be a local issue rather than a site problem.

..hmmmm... it could be looots of things :)

Can you post the page source when it's shopped like that ?
it looks like the javascript is not loaded and that could happen if :

1. bad file permission
2. the .js don't exist (corrupted upload)
3 rewrite rules aren't correct (depends which server)

hmmm..... give us a link to your forum ...

I quite often get the display coming up badly.
Screenshot -

View attachment 4713

Any ideas please?
It c an be one thread or several, but never all threads on a page.

That looks like your browser is not loading all the content correctly.
Which browser/OS are you using and what is your ISP/speed?
I use 3 browsers (Chrome, FF and IE) and I've never experienced that so I think it's more likely to be a local issue rather than a site problem.

Yes I'm thinking it's local because I haven't seen any reports of the same thing. But it doesn't happen on other XF sites or other forums. Or anything like it anywhere else (part loading).
I use Firefox/ Win2K and 10Mb broadband - or 10 somethings anyway it's good and supports a network with no other problems in heavy use all day.

Yes I'm thinking it's local because I haven't seen any reports of the same thing. But it doesn't happen on other XF sites or other forums. Or anything like it anywhere else (part loading).
I use Firefox/ Win2K and 10Mb broadband - or 10 somethings anyway it's good and supports a network with no other problems in heavy use all day.

Then clear you history ...

Jake thanks and Brogan and all.
This has been happening since I first joined XF first days of August - I was waiting to see if it would go away.

Thanks for help. I'll see if it is Ok n ex\t few days.

This is a Firefox bug as far as I can tell. There's no reason it should happen with the HTML we have (it's totally non-sensical).

Top Bottom