• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.2 Unable to post/reply to some threads.

Kainzo

For some reason, recently, several users are unable to post on certain threads/posts.

They do have the permission - I have recently come across the issue myself.

We are on 1.2.1 and are planning to update. This is happening on DEFAULt/vanilla theme as well as our purchased PixelEdit theme.

Below is a screenshot

It highlights like it is going to post but doesnt do anything and then eventually goes back. I have tried Firefox/Chrome and both do not work. I'm thinking something got corrupted and not sure an update to 1.2.2 will fix the issue.

Any idea?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Do you encounter the problem with all add-ons disabled and any additional non-core JavaScript removed from the templates?

Kainzo

I've updated to latest 1.2.4 and this is still occurring on the post/thread above.

I guess the next step is to disable one addon at a time until it stops - any ideas?

Kainzo

What is the URL to the post that users can't post to?
It's different for users. The one I can't reply to is this one.
http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/banned-for-advertising-appeal.47106/

Some new users are having troubles even adding their own thread/post applying to the server's whitelist.

I'm working on disabling addons - we just updated to 1.2.4 and I was hoping that would magically fix it.
I don't believe this was because we installed a new addon, I believe over time, something has become corrupted and its appearing more and more.
Note we've been running XF for the last 2+ years.