Some problems

Hi guys,

As a newbie, I am getting frustrated with some issues (i.e Connection timed out daily, Email Options/SMTP, .htaccess, few steps) ???

Nobody is willing to help, come on guys! :(

The following is a bit extreme (lol) but you could extend upon the lastpost area :D I wouldn't personally go about doing this since you have to cater for the lower resolution users when it comes to fluid styles.

Code:
.node .nodeLastPost {width: 410px;} .node .nodeControls {right: 442px;} .node .nodeText {margin: 10px 470px 10px 56px;}

Edit: If the spacing is troublesome for you (bare in mind this is reduced for other people if they use lower resolutions) then Brogan's suggestion of a fixed width is the better option or offer an alternative style (fixed width) or even lower the width value for the fluid there are many options at your disposal that you can choose from.

Set a fixed width for the style?

yeah, width: 750px that's too big space. Maybe I can remove auto margin left/right in order to make it center page.

The following is a bit extreme (lol) but you could extend upon the lastpost area :D I wouldn't personally go about doing this since you have to cater for the lower resolution users when it comes to fluid styles.

Code:
.node .nodeLastPost {width: 410px;} .node .nodeControls {right: 442px;} .node .nodeText {margin: 10px 470px 10px 56px;}

Edit: If the spacing is troublesome for you (bare in mind this is reduced for other people if they use lower resolutions) then Brogan's suggestion of a fixed width is the better option or offer an alternative style (fixed width) or even lower the width value for the fluid there are many options at your disposal that you can choose from.

Thanks Shelley for wonderful advice, I can try that. I appreciate that. :D

overlay-png.44177

Where do I find this fixed width style?

Source

For some new users references ;)

Application > Styles Properties > General > Page Width Controller

min-width: 940px;
_width: 976px;
_margin: 0 auto;

Use this without underline below.

min-width: 940px;
width: 976px;
margin: 0 auto;

though, it is horrible layout and its appearance does not look good.

By the way, how to remove "Latest" on the Node last post area. I think, it is not necessary to tell us latest where users understand it is new post. And I found node last post area didn't show the color of Administrator user (i.e red) ?

By the way, how to remove "Latest" on the Node last post area. I think, it is not necessary to tell us latest where users understand it is new post.

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> node_forum_level_2

Find and remove:

Code:
{xen:phrase latest}:

And I found node last post area didn't show the color of Administrator user (i.e red) ?

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/last-post-avatar-by-waindigo-win-edition.266/
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/add-username-style-to-last-post.1031/

By the way, how to remove "Latest" on the Node last post area. I think, it is not necessary to tell us latest where users understand it is new post. And I found node last post area didn't show the color of Administrator user (i.e red) ?

I removed it on my own site about a year ago and think exactly that plus it took up tons of space. I replaced it for an icon image.

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> node_forum_level_2

Find and remove:

Code:
{xen:phrase latest}:

I find and remove the phrase, however, I received message below. I tried to disable htaccess on admin.php cpanel, I have modify on EXTRA.css and node_category_level 2/node_threat_list, etc with no problems. Only this just node_forum_level_2 with permission, see below? xenForo server?

The following error occurred:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admin.php on this server.

I find and remove the phrase, however, I received message below. I tried to disable htaccess on admin.php cpanel, I have modify on EXTRA.css and node_category_level 2/node_threat_list, etc with no problems. Only this just node_forum_level_2 with permission, see below? xenForo server?

The following error occurred:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admin.php on this server.

When saving that template? This is a server problem. Probably mod_security. Contact your host.

With your great support, I am very appreciate. Glady I choose XenForo over vBulletin for my site, I didn't realize how effective XenForo in the standard platform today and easy adjustments. :cool:

Some missing: Multi-reply, Closing threads along with Moderator comments, subform function (should be moved down).

How to change the orange background and title of "Sign up Now!" on the right side where users register?

-------------------------------------
One guest robot online (from Google bot)

library/config.php or config.php.defaults
//fix IP address for proxy
$_SERVER ['REMOTE_ADDR'] = $_SERVER ['HTTP_X_REAL_IP'];

This doesn't solve the problem, still one guest.
--------------------------

Please advice of how to add Blog next to forum tab? It is simple blog listing of each users posting blog along with other user's comments? :unsure:

EDIT: just installing XenPorta, it didn't show up as blog and comments, just empty page?

Top Bottom