XF 2.1 Some posts have duplicate post numbers and are out of order

Joe Link

We just upgraded from XF1.5 to XF2.1 and I noticed a few of our threads have duplicate post numbers displayed (but the post ID's are unique). I thought it was an issue with the upgrade but I checked our XF1.5 dev site and it was happening there as well. Any ideas what might cause this and how to fix it? I tried rebuilding the threads cache with "Rebuild positions and post counters" checked but it didn't make a difference.

1563300454208.png

1563300541928.png

There has been reports of this before, unfortunately no reason.

Hmm, with that many it's going to be a random guess as to which, if any, are involved.

Unless you can reproduce the issue consistently, there's not much I can suggest other than to set up a test installation and do some protracted testing with add-ons disabled/enabled to determine if one of them is the cause.

Hmm, with that many it's going to be a random guess as to which, if any, are involved.

Unless you can reproduce the issue consistently, there's not much I can suggest other than to set up a test installation and do some protracted testing with add-ons disabled/enabled to determine if one of them is the cause.

That makes sense. I'll keep an eye out for it, and if it continues I'll investigate further.

Top Bottom