1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 [Solved] User registration and Control Panel

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Kait18, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Kait18

Kait18 New Member

Hello, I am currently having 2 issues with the latest Xenforo version; 1.2.4. I have installed the following add-ons: Xenporta, Nodes as Tabs and Minecraft Avatars. Anyway, the issues are:
    1. I cannot access my Control Panel, this message shows up: "This action could not be completed because you are no longer logged in."
    2. One of my users cannot register on the website, when he clicks the confirmation email, it takes him to a page saying: "The requested page could not be found." If it's useful information, we have the same IP address.
    Any idea on how to solve this issues? By the way, I have "Use full friendly URL's" enabled. If you need any more Information, feel free to ask :) Thanks for reading my thread.

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Is the issue still there if you disable the add-ons?

3. Kait18

Kait18 New Member

I haven't tried, how can I try disabling the add-ons without entering the panel? Sorry, I'm really new at using Xenforo.

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Add this to the end of your library/config.php file:

PHP:
    $config['enableListeners'] = false;

5. Kait18

Kait18 New Member

Just tried that, still says the same though. "This action could not be completed because you are no longer logged in." Any other ideas on what might be causing this? Thanks for the reply by the way :)

6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Um, well, this is an obvious one, but are you logged in? :p Other than that, though, I'm out of ideas.

@Jeremy should be able to help you better.

7. Kait18

Kait18 New Member

I am logged in on my website, but I can't get to log in to the admin control panel. When I try to login to the panel, it shows the messages I showed you above :p

8. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Are you behind a service like cloud flare or a reverse proxy?

9. Kait18

Kait18 New Member

I'm not sure, I think I'm not.

10. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Could this not be a cookie problem (www.domain.com and domain.com being used by a mis-configuration in the ACP - like http://www.domain.com being set and the server stripping the www and redirecting)?

11. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Number 2 could simply be the Board URL being wrong.

The session thing is trickier to debug. I don't see CloudFlare obviously being on your site, but I don't know how your host has things set up so the IP could be changing. I'd likely just suggest submitting a ticket via the customer area with admin and FTP access details so we can attempt to reproduce the issue.

12. Kait18

Kait18 New Member

Hello, thanks for the reply. About #2, how would I solve it? Also, about #1, I submit a ticket with my FTP user and password right? Also, would I need to give my website control panel password? :)

13. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The "Board URL" is an option - you can find it using the control panel search in the upper right. Note the instructions about what it should be set to (basically, the URL pointing to the directory you installed XF into).

Regarding the ticket, I need access to edit the files and access to a user that I can reproduce the spontaneous logout with. So FTP user and password (can be a new account as long as I can edit the XF files) and XF control panel user to reproduce the issue (can be a new admin, provided you can reproduce the issue with that account).

Kait18 likes this.
  14. Kait18

Kait18 New Member

Okay, I just created the ticket :) Thanks for the help by the way.
    Edit: Fixed now, thanks! :D

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013